View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 11:54 PM

Default moving along

Well I did the facet thing on Thursday and bottom line it did not work.
My PM doctor does not believe that my facets are causing me pain.
I had four levels tested, which is eight injections.

I did not take any pain pills prior to the test in order to see if the facet injections would work and so when i arrived at the surgery center in the morning, I was in 7-8/10 pain. After the injections, it was a bit worse as I only had the Diprovan to put me in conscious sedation and no pain meds through the IV (so they would not distort the results). Afterwards, we waited a little bit to see if I got any relief with the facet injections and I did not.

Before the injections, I put it out of my mind that I thought they would not work and just gave it up, that maybe they would. Unfortunately, they did not. Before I left the surgery center, I was given Toradol through the IV to help with the pain. I was also given permission to up my Percocet dose by one pill.
That extra 10 mg has really helped me be more comfortable and able to sleep.
I still have that "extra" leg pain which developed post-disco, but that has seemed to calm down a bit today.

I dug out my relax the back, leg thingeroo to prop up my legs and that is really helpful. I was going to return it because I got the wrong thing, but I am glad I didn't because this is perfect for resting in bed and sleeping with. Since i have been unable to sleep on my side, I slept with this last night as I slept on my back and I was comfortable.

Dr. appts this coming week. Will let everyone know what is going to happen.

Ciao,

Last edited by runner; 06-10-2009 at 07:32 AM.