View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 04:18 AM

Bob,
You are hilarious, I love reading your posts, make me laugh out loud everytime (husband thinks I'm a little kuko). I can not believe that you are not taking any pain meds, or just 5 mg. I am still taking either 40 mg of Percocet a day or 60 mg of Vicodin a day. That is amazing that you are doing so good.

I was sick last weekend and it didn't matter what I took, I hurt bad. I guess the healing of the surgery coupled with an illness, is just too much for the body to take. I layed and moaned in my chair for 4 days. I was taking a muscle relaxer every 4 hours, taking max pain meds and still felt like dying. I fortunately have a friend who had some medication for severe nausea and stomach upset (she has Crohns disease and suffers constantly from this). I took the medication and didn't even need pain medication for hours, my stomach had been upset and it was making my back hurt. I think my constipation has been making me hurt as well. The other day, I got out of the car to pick my daughter up from school, by the time I made it to her classroom, I was in a near run to the restroom. I spent 30 minutes in the classroom restroom (the bell had rang, my daughter is opening the door asking loudly "mommy are you pooping", the teacher is asking if I am ok, daughter keeps opening the door (so the everyone left in the room could see me and the door had no lock, since it is a kids bathroom), extremely embarassing ). I finally got to where I felt I could leave the restroom and make it home, then spent another 10-20 minutes in the restroom and finally felt better. Amazing how one little thing can affect the rest of the body so much.

Well, now that I have hijacked your thread with my crappy story, I'm gonna get. God Bless!
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!