View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 11:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Eddie G
Default Mid January Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blairsara View Post
I would definitely take your address off your profile since you've given out your username and password on global patient services.. two words.. IDENTITY THEFT!
Yeah I did thanx, but anyone stealing my identity would OWE money! There's so many companies gathering data on us that it seems we are ALL being tracked. Did you know that new cars have a "black box" in them that will tell the police if you were speeding or not using your brakes after a fender bender? Even your benign printer may have some transmitter in it to let the government know if youre printing money? There's some company (in Cali?) that tracks billions of people for "marketing purposes" and they got hacked. One hundred thousand people were at risk for identity theft. A woman told her story of a letter she received from this company, telling her she is at risk. She never even heard of this company before but she had to cancel her credit cards and stuff anyway. What a bunch of manure!!!
Then there's the companies that track the employees with GPS so they can tell how long they took a break.
Rental car companies are using GPS to add charges to customers.
Street cameras track our movements.
Cell phones track our precise position.
Big Brother IS watching!

Anyhoo..........

It's been 2 1/2 months since my Prodisc implant. I'm still sore. It's a constant soreness that does not get worse than a 7/10 which is good because before surgery I had pain that would drop me to the ground (10/10). I don't have that anymore. I have some leg pain that comes & goes and it seems to be improving.
At physical threapy I do an assortment of back strengthing exercises. I had to cut back from 50lb. weights to 30lb. weights as it was too much for me. I started eliptical machine training but was only able to do 30 seconds at first. I add 30-40 seconds each week. I'm now up to 3 minutes. My treatment calls for 10 minutes. My goal is 30 minutes.The big guy there picks me up like a ragdoll. He presses on my spine while I push up causing mass popping. He stretches me in ways I havent stretched in years! All in all it's a good experience and it gets me out of the house.
I'm still out of work. I will not go back until I can drive painless for 30 minutes. My desk job will be there waiting for me so I'm in no rush. I'm progressing at my own rate. Not fast, not slow, my pace. My goal for returning to work is March as I'm sure I'll be driving & sitting for more than 30 min. by then.
C-YA
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC