View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 06:16 PM

Cool

Cathy,

When I am finished this year, I will look like you, ADR-wise.
We paid for my surgery.
It is a long story.
I still consider myself in a fight with my insurance. I won't stop fighting until they are eliminated from this earth.
They can go sell and administer policies on Mars, for all I care. When i can get different insurance, I will.
They are the worse of the worst.

Maria,

I think you have a good idea going to Dr. B as the surgeons here do not seem to have ADR experience with osteopenia/osteroporosis bone density.

I had a lot of pain before surgery and I know I lost disc height, because, duh, i lost height period. So before the surgery, I had to sign a consent for fusion and went into surgery praying that i got ADR.
I just would NOT surrender to get fusion. I knew the odds of adjacent disc disease and i knew that in the right people, ADR was the way to go. I understand that it is better for certain people to go with fusion (people with stenosis, spondylolethesis, advanced facet hyperthrophy, etc...).

Well, got my tooth fixed yesterday and woke up this morning with right knee pain again. So i was thinking and realized it must have been that two hours in the dentist chair yesterday. I was reclining and put a pillow behind my back but my disc is not a happy camper. I am disappointed because the PM doc said the knee pain should go away.
Like maybe after surgery?
I am laying low, again. At least, surgery is only seven weeks and some days, away.

(was a) runner

Last edited by runner; 06-10-2009 at 07:47 AM.