View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 09:31 PM

Default Interesting

The TX back Institute called and told me that they dont do follow ups or even 2nd opinion consultations with patients who have had any surgery done with a different surgeon, whether its in the US or Germany. Kathy is an exception because they are a participant in her disc trial.

The lady went on to say "You wont find any US doctor who will see you especially if you went to germany". I told her Dr Peloza was seeing me and she acted all surprised and said I was very lucky to find one. Man, they dont just get jealous, they get spitefully, bitterly jealous when patients go overseas. At least thats my take. Dont doctors follow something called the hippocratic oath? Did I spell that right?

Anyways, I do trust Dr B, and Im pretty much planning to go back,....but its only prudent to get 2nd and 3rd opinions. I still am worried about the top C4/5 tilted bottom plate. Man, my bones just dont hold these discs in place too well. I just dont get it. I was EXTREMELY careful after surgery, didnt exercise, wore my brace religiously for the full 2 months, I took extra care in every way for a good healilng as you only get one chance to get it right.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.

Last edited by steve55; 05-20-2009 at 09:54 PM.