View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 12:06 AM

Steve,

I assume Mark will be able to explain things better once he consults with Dr. B on your behalf. What you believe to be the hippocratic oath is actually the hippocritic oath. There are some good guys and I am generalizing but my experience with spine surgeons has been ego oriented, more interested in putting another notch on their scapal. My first neuro actually has framed thank you letters all around his office as well as a scrapbook of them for new patients to peruse. Yet he never warned me about the possible failure, not only related to my first surgery but my second as well, as the while knowing there was something better out there.

Dr. Regan in Beverly Hills has taken on difficult revisions but he does not accept (most) insurance and I'm told his consultation fee is $500. He cares for many of Dr. B's patients in the L.A. area.

As for insurance covering the entire revision?????? I guess you'll have to find a doctor who'll do it first.

One more thing; though this may not exactly be Dr. B's fault, but considering the travel expenses, etc. I agree that he could do better even though the 18,000 is probably allready discounted.

Unfortunately and fortunately, time and money will take this lose/lose situation and turn it back into a win/win.

I am so sorry this happened and I truly feel for your situation. Major bummer.

Dale