Thread: Insurance Forum
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 05:17 PM

Hi Jane,

Welcome to the forum. Your circumstances sound horrific. Not only are you dealing with the pain of a spinal injury but the bureaucracy then kicked you in the ass until you see no way out. You're depressed on top of your depression.

OK, first things first. Though cliche, you need to get yourself a lawyer and quickly. Obviously, your employer and their ins co has no intention of allowing this claim or your benefits and your only recourse is a lawsuit. Since you think you're about to become homeless, I'd say that time is short. Do it now! If a lawyer thinks you have a case, and from what you've written I'd say you do, then (s)he should take it on contingency and no upfront fee will be charged. Look until you find this arrangement.

I'd also complain to your state's fair labor practices board. Where do you live? Unfotunately, with today's economy, all states are cutting back and they might not see the same urgency in your case that you do and this route may take longer.

Then, you also have to address your health concerns, which right now, seems to come in second. This is such a travesty of a system that should support people. But that's another post

Jane, I'm so sorry you have to go through everything else on top of your pain, which by itself is enough to throw you in the deep end. This post belongs in it's own thread.

Let me assure you that you have our support which will get you nowhere in your legal troubles. Right now my blood is boiling. How dare they but I suppose this happens far more than we'd like to think.

We're with you Jane, one step at a time. BTW, where do you live? Perhaps someone knows of a good lawyer that will take your case.

Dale