Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Community Support - NSR
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Community Support - NSR Discuss 27wks of bowling after2ADRs in the Main forums forums; Well, here i am after 27 weeks of bowling, my 2 level ProDisc ADR was just about 7 years ago, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 12:24 AM

Thumbs up 27wks of bowling after2ADRs

Well, here i am after 27 weeks of bowling, my 2 level ProDisc ADR was just about 7 years ago, and i have gooooooood news to report. My back survived
as well as my new discs. I could hardly believe my eyes when i was presented with the 1st place trophy, pretty unbelievable i must admit!
WOW, i still can't believe it.
YEA
So i signed up for a new summer league, be cool to get more ARD's involved. If you live in the south bay area of Los Angeles and are free sunday eves at
6pm u should join us at P.V. Bowl.
After a botched spinal tap where my L4/L5 disc exploded i underwent a laminectomy in 1979, and ran from spinal surgery ever since, then in 2002 i met DrDelamarter in Santa Monica- and my life as i knew it changed dramatically, I consider myself the "ProdiscPosterBoy" I am in the US Trials and one of the first in California to recieve 2 Lumbar Prodiscs, nomorepain-nomoremeds
Old 05-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Wow Gary... first place!!! What are you bowling?

It seems like so long ago. I remember after you watched me and Maureen
play some tennis, you said something like, "I could not imagine being able
to do anything like that."

December 2002

You were 6 months out and I was 3 and you were worried that we were so
far ahead of you, would you ever recover. Your story is so important to
others who might have a slow recovery. It's amazing how we can continue
to improve.

Great news!!! Let's get together soon. All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 05-29-2009, 11:11 PM

Default Your post

I'm so glad you posted this!!!! This is awesome news and congratulations. The idea of bowling terrorizes me (I'm pre surgery). We need to hear about good stories to inspire us and this is just what I needed today.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:16 PM

Hey, I used to love bowling but now even after surgery, the idea terrorizes me. I think Julius would have a cow if he saw a bowling ball in my hand

OK, just for the telling, my father got his first 300 just a couple of years ago. He's 80!
Old 06-05-2009, 07:04 PM

Thumbs up my recovery

Yes, Mark is right, i watched him and another Prodisc patient play tennis @ 6mos, and my thought was i would never catch up. Well i did, it took me a very long time to recover, from both the surgery and the effects of the surgery. I was out of work for 2 years, as i didn't feel good enough emotionally or physically to go back. But i am a fighter, and stubborn as all heck, and live my life by the saying "don't ever give up". Heck i had major back pain for almost 30yrs. Now i am back pain free, can do as i please all within limits of course, as everyone has limits. I sit for 4-6 hours a day at a desk, when i do get up, i do feel a lil stiff, but stretching cures this. i drive an old volvo with a stick shift as my daily driver, i golf ( poorly) but golf, and now bowl, wow what a life!!
so my thoughts are with all of you going through the pains before surgery and after, but hang with it and listen to your body, when it says rest, for godness sake REST, when it says go, well you know what to do!
As far as me, i will always remember my roots, of the back pain saga!
no-more-pain
the prodisc poster boy.............................
After a botched spinal tap where my L4/L5 disc exploded i underwent a laminectomy in 1979, and ran from spinal surgery ever since, then in 2002 i met DrDelamarter in Santa Monica- and my life as i knew it changed dramatically, I consider myself the "ProdiscPosterBoy" I am in the US Trials and one of the first in California to recieve 2 Lumbar Prodiscs, nomorepain-nomoremeds