Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Community Support - NSR
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Support - NSR Discuss Duration of stay and subsequent developments in the Main forums forums; While the number of tourists may be a test of the effectiveness of promotional and marketing efforts made by a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 08:01 AM

Thumbs up Duration of stay and subsequent developments

While the number of tourists may be a test of the effectiveness of promotional and marketing efforts made by a country, in economic terms, what matters more is the volume of tourism and foreign exchange receipts derived from them. Obviously this volume depends on the average length of stay of tourists in a country. When considering the hotels offering B&B York has made significant progress in this respect. Also the amenities on offer have forced the tourists and other visitors to prolong their stay while simultaneously increasing their spending on various goods and other foods stuffs.

It can be gathered from the tourism statistics that the average stay per tourist has registered an increasing trend during the 1981-84 period. The general presumption is that the longer the average length of stay, the greater is the foreign exchange receipts to the country. From the point of view when the Asian average was 24.6 days, the South-East Asian average was the highest, i.e., 35.5 days in 1983 and when the Asian average was 28.0 days, the South-East Asian average was again the highest i.e., 34.1 days. This analysis for 1982-84 brings out the fact that while visitors from West Asia have registered a rising trend, the other three Asian Regions have shown a declining trend.

In order to increase the average length of stay of the tourists, from South Asia, South-East Asia and East Asia the tourism promotion council should concentrate not only on providing greater tourist facilities for these tourists but also removing on various irritants like red-tapism, rule-orientation and over bureaucratization. However, experts warn that flexibility is good, but it should not result in rule bending for nefarious means.

In recent years when considering the number of high profile visitors availing b&b, the cream of the society from practically all the continents are seen entering into York and availing the best amenities for prolonged periods of time. They are availing such amenities either as part of their business trip or as tourists intending to spend their holidays in Britain. When a business delegation hires the services of b&b centers, it ensures a steady income to the particular hotel or resort for a definite period of time. The popularity of b&b has now gone places and the amenities on offer are widely discussed in many forums.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:37 AM

Just a guess........are you related to a guy named Mark?
04/07 Recurrent Disc Surgery L5/S1
3 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 3 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 Maverick ADR at L4/L5 & L5/S1
03/27/09 The Lord and Dr. Ritter-Lang returned my life to me.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:24 PM

Not exactly sure what's going on here but varela11, I think you have the wrong forum and trkdoc714, you only to post when you have something snide to say. Not exactly sure I should comment either but;

We welcome support, education and even critisizm through an intelligent exchange. Your snotty comments reveal only your own pettiness and best belong where insults are either condoned or serve some purpose - not here.

But I have a feeling Mark will delete this whole post!

I do hope you're still doing well and continue to do so. My best to you, Dale
Old 07-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure I understand the original post, but I recognize the name of the poster. Unfortunately, "medical tourism" is a subject that this person finds important due to his own experience with multiple spine related trips in the US and overseas. I suspect that this post in the NSR forum is simply to provide some information that he finds useful or interesting to others who may find it useful or interesting.
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org