Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Community Support - NSR
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Community Support - NSR Discuss The ADR Business in the Main forums forums; I did not know what else to call this rant. It's sad but true, the medical device business is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 04:04 AM
Banned

Default The ADR Business

I did not know what else to call this rant. It's sad but true, the medical device business is a business and in business it is not always the best product that comes to market but the best marketing that brings a product to market.

I have done quite a bit of research and I have contacted reps for several orthopedic device companies. They battle. They have patent disputes. They scam. They bribe the FDA and they cut throat. They are not in business to help patients. They are in business to make money.

Look at the ADRs that are approved for use in the US. They are junk. They over rotate and that is a bad thing for the patient. They may be better than fusions but not much. The M6 and the Neo Disk look to be the best but I doubt the Neo Disk will get approval in the US.

Think about the NeoDisk. That technology has been around for 50 years and I have no doubt somebody figured it out back then.

This will blow your mind. Canadian surgeon David Kuntz, who first began to personally fabricate cervical artificial discs for his patients in the late 1970s. Kuntz's surgery was intended "to restore the spine to the manufacturer's original specifications." Kuntz reported a 98% success rate in a series of 300 patients. The medical industry back then destroyed the man. In fact there is a book written about him.

Kuntz established satellite helicopter clinics for isolated Northwest British Columbia Canadian clinics and survived mishaps including crashes in order to bring medical care to his outlying patients. He has been honored by the "Giraffe Project", a non-profit Canadian organization, in recognition for "sticking his neck out"

Here is the problem with the keel design like the M6.

This will further blow your minds. Canadian Injured Workers Society - Workers compensation articles. WCB.

Dr Kuntz in the 70's was doing better work than what is being done worldwide today and he made the ADRs himself!!

What else is interesting is that you won't find these links on Google.

Canadian Injured Workers Society - Workers compensation articles. WCB.

Folks this is 2011 and this technology is moving at a snails pace. Tell me too wear my tin foil hat but there is a conspiracy.

Think about all the money you spent before your surgery.

Think about the money revision surgery nets for the medical industry.

How many diseases have been cured in the past 40 years?

If you think the medical industry cares about you think again. They care about your disease and suffering and how they can make a killing while it is killing you. ACT UP! SHOW YOUR DISDAIN!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:28 PM

HI ADR

In your photo I think that is a Pro Disc not the M6 Check it out

Gil
L4-L5 Annular fissure with mild central stenosis and moderate facet hypertrophy.
L5-S1DDDDD
L2-L3 Right-sided neural foraminal narrowing at and L3-L4 related to posterolateral hypertrophic spurs and facet hypertrophy.
C3-C4 limited DDD
9 injections Depo. P.T. 13 months 5 dose packs,
Nerve Block Injections.4 ESI S1
L5-S1 foraminotomy 09
L4-L5 Microdiscectomy 09 Reherniate 4-2010
Coflex-L Implants L4 to S1
Old 06-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Denis View Post
HI ADR

In your photo I think that is a Pro Disc not the M6 Check it out

Gil
I think it is too but both are a keel design. My design uses a threading method and a tap and die method. Cabinetry VS Carpentry.

The keel design is a bad idea and the cutting of the slot is fraught with dangers. It puts unnatural lateral forces on the vertebral bodies. They migrate. If they don't fuse that can be a problem.

Cutting the keel slot can cause subluxations and since doctors don't believe in subluxations when the MRI shows no nerve compression the surgeon will scratch his head and come up with some vague answers.

Neo Disk is the best so far IMO because it is an easy "install" and there is very little metal and the can use carbon fiber.

My attachment system can't fail and it uses a fastener design that has been proven for years. The ADR simply snaps of screws in depending on the application.

I have looked at every ADR on the market and the word that comes to mind is Frankenstein. I think if these enginerds actually lived in the real world and actually worked with their hands they would maybe develop the intuition to come up with something closer to nature.

The patent wars prevent anyone from creating the best design. The idea on monetizing disease is very offensive to me. We suffer for their greed.

My design will never see the light of day. It will get stolen and put on the shelf.