Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Community Support - NSR
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Community Support - NSR Discuss Sub and compact vehicles in the Main forums forums; I see so many smaller vehicles that I like now that I have to just go to some dealers and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 07:19 PM

Default thanks

I see so many smaller vehicles that I like now that I have to just go to some dealers and test drive them to see if I'd really want to sell my Mitsubishi Montero Limited that while a huge gas guzzler is super incredibly comfortable on my back. I walk alot, take little local buses and the light rail/train to get around when I'm not driving to pick stuff up or take a bunch of things somewhere. I like the Toyota Matrix quite a bit so wanted to check that out as well as a number of other smaller vehicles I've seen. Would probably have to rent something for a day to see if it really is "ok" for my back re driving 30 plus mins or numerous small city trips a day that end up keeping me sitting in some degree of traffic for about 20 to 30 mins at a time.

Appreciate the input!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:41 PM

Default my newest vehicular desire

I want a Prius! I have been riding around in a friend's and while I do find it kinda "grunty" to get out of sometimes it's not really bad at all on the ol' back even for about an hour's worth of riding. I do have a bit of grunting get out of the passenger side up against a curb .. just not like poppin' outta my Mitsu.. (aka freakin'gasguzzler)..

So now what I'm thinking is to keep the Mitsu and check 'round for a used Prius. That's subject to change however~ depends. Hard to give up a vehicle I can "slide" out of the seat (cuz I'm 5'2" and feet can't even reach the ground without the sideboard) and ride in so comfortably even tho it's just a big ol' gas guzzlin' tank! I still love it anyway!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:36 PM

I am also looking to get something I can get out of easily, I looking at maybe a ford escape, they are about the right height from the ground where I don't have to bend much to in and out of, I have problems in my neck from C-4 - C-7 so bending the neck is not pleasant, wait on determination for a fusion, compensation ins. takes forever to get anything done :
Old 02-19-2013, 01:45 PM

Default smaller vehicles

what I've noticed when I ride in my friends smaller vehicles is that no matter how nice the ride if I've been in the vehicle about a half hour or more when I go to get out I have to practically pull myself out of the seat esp. if parked too close to a curb. I'm only 5'2" tho at least with my SUV I can slide off the seat and get out easily and usually w/o making loud grunting noises!

Gas prices are back up tho so part that stinks!