Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Community Support - NSR
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Community Support - NSR Discuss 9 years post op and counting in the Main forums forums; Hey All, it's been a while since i last posted, i spoke to Mark a few days ago, so ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2011, 06:38 PM

Thumbs up 9 years post op and counting

Hey All, it's been a while since i last posted, i spoke to Mark a few days ago, so i thought i'd post my success story here.....
I am in the medical study and one of the first to get a prodisc 2 level back in 2002, by Dr. Rick Delamarter. I was scared to death to go under the knife, but I had an extremely slow recovery as you can read my past posts. I remember vividly watching Mark and another member at 6mos post op play tennis and wondered if i would ever be able to do the same. I can tell you now YES YES and YES!! it's been a wild ride, i pretty much don't have any limits, other than i keep my lifting weight under 40 lbs.
i drive a car with 4 on the floor, ride motorcycles on and off road, go boating, skiing anda whole lot more, i sit at a desk for hours at a time and get up with no sciatic pain what so ever, yea!! it's been an incredible 9 years, although the 1st two were a little rough, with nerve pain from the surgery, and my healing process of aches and pains. Now i can say it's all worth it and i'd do it again in a heartbeat. for those of you considering this surgery, check out your doctors, you can do it here and online! ask the doc for patient referrals both good and bad!
After a botched spinal tap where my L4/L5 disc exploded i underwent a laminectomy in 1979, and ran from spinal surgery ever since, then in 2002 i met DrDelamarter in Santa Monica- and my life as i knew it changed dramatically, I consider myself the "ProdiscPosterBoy" I am in the US Trials and one of the first in California to recieve 2 Lumbar Prodiscs, nomorepain-nomoremeds