Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Community Support - NSR
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Community Support - NSR Discuss Venting in the Main forums forums; Okay, this is just for me to vent my frustrations. It applies to absolutely nothing. I saved for a long ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Venting

Okay, this is just for me to vent my frustrations. It applies to absolutely nothing.

I saved for a long time to remodel my kitchen and hired a contractor, based in part on the amount of time it would take. My contract calls for completion in 8 weeks. Unfortunately it does not contain a penalty because we're not at 11 weeks and we still have at least 2 weeks, or more, to go. I not only have had no kitchen all during this time, I have workmen in my house, invading my privacy everyday. The duplication of effort would have probably cut at least 1 week off but there is no oversight... and I did research this guy.

Julius is having surgery next week with all this banging and sawing going on! I too have to find out what's going on with my knee after having my MRI yesterday, along with dealing with a cracked filling but unfortunately, my dentist passed away about 3 weeks ago and no one answered his phone or left a referral on the answering machine. I had to scramble to find a new dentist in an hours time. Fortunately, she could fit me in between my doctor's appointment and my MRI.

On top of all this are my own back issues which though Mark tells me not to over dramatize, I can't help it. My mind, based on my pain, automatically goes to my previous history. Today, I spent 2 hours in Lowe's and my pain level reached a 5, not something usual for a healthy spine.

So, I didn't want to take out my frustrations and anger on my family and after all, this is like a family, so you guys get it. I know you can't hear my sarcasm and anger, but believe me, it's there. So thanks for listening.

Dale
Old 06-16-2007, 02:48 AM

Hey Dale:
You've certainly got several stressful things going on at once and the stress itself can increase pain, as you know. As for the remodel, I've been there, done that and about to do it again--just think of all the things that didn't go wrong (such as finding termites, woodrot, etc when they opened your walls or delivery of the wrong appliances, etc, etc). It will end and you will have a great new kitchen to enjoy. As for your dentist's passing away with no provision for referrals: professionals here are now required to have written retirement/death plans. But at least you were able to find a dentist who could accommodate you.

I am not minimizing your stress: I am going through working on several important projects all at once and it is truly mind-boggling and overwhelming and makes me think I am becoming ADD--so I have some hint of what you're experiencing!

Venting helps! Hang in there!

Barbara
Old 06-20-2007, 02:19 AM

Default how's things?

Dale,
I tried replying to your post several times but it was very late (or early a.m.) and my replies were too long so I would get a message that wouldn't allow me to post try as I might~

Anyway, how are you? Did the kitchen move along at all in terms of work?

I hope enough got done that there won't be anyone in your way while you're taking care of your husband post operatively and BTW, I hope he will be doing well post op (not sure what day his surgery is)~

Also hope you got a dental referral that will work for you and is timely. I've had the same dental office now for about 20 years altho the dentist changed 3 times when the first one retired, the second one went on prolonged maternity leave, the 3rd one was great and then I ended back up with the 2nd one several years after her maternity leave was over!!!

Re dramatizing MRI findings.. pain is dramatic to me! Findings that I think may correlate w/my pain (whether they do or not) would make me feel like possibly there is some reason for my pain and that would make me mopey at first unless the pain lets up~ I hope for your sake the pain is transient and/or not long lasting and the findings mean nada mucho~

Lastly hope things have settled down a bit tho if you feel the need to vent some more "I'm listening" as Frasier Crane would say!

Last edited by Maria; 06-20-2007 at 02:23 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Dale... I hope that when you recover from the stress of the remodel and get back to 'normal', the new issues seem much less daunting.

This seems to be a common thread... do you think we need a Remodeling or House Repairs forum? I'm looking for a house warming gift for when your kitchen opens... I'm trying to find another one of my favorite pans that I use when I make my specialty... creamed tuna on toast. (If you open 2 cans, than means your cooking, right?)

Talk to you soon.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org