Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Community Support - NSR
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Community Support - NSR Discuss Memorial Day - Sleep last night? Bed a little lumpy? in the Main forums forums; Chuck just sent this to me and I think it's really worth looking at... I hope the link remains ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Administrator

Default Memorial Day - Sleep last night? Bed a little lumpy?

Chuck just sent this to me and I think it's really worth looking at... I hope the link remains active...

http://www.libertyhigh56.net/sleep/Baker%20Company.htm
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org

Last edited by mmglobal; 05-28-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:34 AM

Default perspective

thanks~ I complain far too much over ridiculous things. Think I will give thought to and/or say a prayer for the troops each time I start to whine over my lack of sleep!
Old 05-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Administrator

I'm in Bavaria now... thinking about those who have sacrificed and those who continue to sacrifice for us. I recently met a spine patient who's back problems started with an IED in Iraq in 2003. He was in it from the start. In spite of the advancing pain, he re-upped for 2 more tours. Sadly, his problems continued to advance. After a couple of years, he could no longer pretend that he was functional and he left the service, completely disabled.

Thank you to all the men and women who sacrifice so much in service to our country. Thanks to those who have done so in the past... not only in our wars, but in peace time as well. Training for war and supporting our armed forces is a dangerous business and many have made the ultimate sacrifice, or worse, during times of peace. Thank you to the families of our Servicemen and Servicewomen... they sacrifice as well.

This Memorial day... take more than just a minute to remember... reach out to someone who's making the sacrifice or who's living with the consequences of doing so... Let them know how you feel... give them a hug and ask if there is anything we can do to help. Whatever you may think about the war or the politics that surround it, the troops are there in service to our country and in service to us. They deserve our support. Let your congressmen and senators know if you think that, regardless of our position politics, our Servicemen and Servicewomen should have the best equipment available, the best medical care available and a support system that effectively deals with the issues that they and their families face as a result of their service to our country.

Happy Memorial Day... sleep well tonight.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 05-28-2007, 06:25 PM

Having a son who did two tours in Iraq, I'm acutely aware of the suffering and sacrifices our sons and daughters endure, which is not limited to sleeping on the side of the road. It's heartbreaking and difficult for family members to realize. To tell you that nothing was important during these times during his service is an understatement.

Sleep... Hah! I didn't even breathe when he was over there!

My thoughts with all, Dale