Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Community Support - NSR
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Support - NSR Discuss 2008 second annual spiney ski weekend?? in the Main forums forums; Its getting to be that time of year again, and I'm ready to go. Anyone else interested? Mark? Paulette? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 08:54 AM

Default 2008 second annual spiney ski weekend??

Its getting to be that time of year again, and I'm ready to go. Anyone else interested? Mark? Paulette? Anyone?

I'm moving to Arizona next summer (quitting my job and going back to school) - I might not be able to do this again for a while.....
Old 12-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Administrator

I'm in.... I wonder if Paulette can work her magic again... Everything was perfect last time... accomodations... company... snow...

Paulette... get working on that snow... you gonna teach me to ski powder?

I'm not going to bluster this time about who is going to ski faster... Paulette will kick anyone's butt.... don't mess with her... she'll hurt you!

Let's pick a date and make it happen. Anyone else?

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 12-15-2007, 03:12 PM

Cool Let it snow let it snow let it snow....

Sounds great to me we got over a foot last week and the mountain is opening slowly on man-made snow. February has your greatest chance for powder skiing just say away during Precedence weekend. The week after is always slow. I am going back to teaching skiing this year so I can be up on the latest and greatest in ski technique. (Mark do you know any schools that teach you how to be a good student?) QH you are moving to AX and no more bike cop I can’t wait to get the full scoop. Off to pack going to Mammoth Mountain for some training with the Adaptive Division of Professional Ski Instructors of America. I can teach anyone how to ski even Mark.
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
Powered by ProDisc
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 12-15-2007, 04:09 PM

President's day is the 18th in 2008. Maybe the following weekend, say the 22nd - 25th?

Mark, you have to slow down enough to hear Paulette shout instructions at you as you blast by! All I have to do is not fall on my face again.....

Paulette, I'll get ahold of you in a few days and fill you in....

Anyone else want to join in the fun?
Old 12-15-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Too Fast

I have been racking my brain trying to come up with a way to generalize skydiving to skiing. Mark has the fast part down that's for sure but as we say in the skiing world it takes a real skier to go fast and turn. I guess you don't have to turn your feet much when you’re skydiving. Mark maybe you should pick up sky surfing it might help.

QH look forward to hearing from you. Any chance I can talk you in to moving to Tahoe, we have a great lake for that boat of yours ; )
Powered by ProDisc
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 01-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Paulette asked me to post this photo from the last trip...

We had a great time and I look forward to doing it again. Unfortunately, my meniscus tear is not going to allow that. I thought I was getting better because it does not bother me much. But, if I put any out-of-alignment stress on my knee, it kills. Maybe I'm getting better at avoiding these motions, but I might not be able to put boots on, no less make it to the lift.

I do think that I can avoid the off-kilter stresses on my knee during skydiving... any takers?

Sorry... maybe I'll be repaired before the end of the season.

Mark
Old 01-07-2008, 11:48 PM

Love the pic Mark.....

I was actually thinking about going. Now, I am inexperienced and will probably be on the beginner's slopes most of the time.

Can you rent gear or do you have to buy your own???

Looking to get the H#LL out of Ohio for a bit...
Old 01-08-2008, 03:31 AM
Administrator

Poncho... I'm so bummed-out about not being able to go. I'm working on getting my knee fixed so I'll be up for the water-ski trip this summer... last summer it got clobbered by Diane's surgery.

You should be able to rent full gear anywere. You gals (and guys) don't need me to go. You can't be within a hundred miles of Paulette without her good cheer rubbing off on you... everyone will have a great time. If it come off... I may show up anyways... even if I can't ski, I can keep training for my new sport. I'm looking to become the California Grappa champion and hopefully, go to the nationals. (Don't warm the grappa, or it can deliver a dangerous dose too rapidly.)

Take care... talk to you soon,

Mark
Old 01-08-2008, 03:49 AM

Mark

You better get into PT ASAP for that knee, It just won't be the same if you are not here. But we will take you any way we can. I do need someone to carry my gear and as you remember there are hot tubs everywhere or it could be just a girls weekend.

Poncho

We will take good care of you get you gear a lesson if you would like, (I do know some great teachers). Don't worry about anything just bring a warm jacket and the rest can be put together when you are here. I am just beaming to think I may get to meet my big sis.

Now for an update: we got 8-9 feet of snow this last weekend. I skied waist deep powder shooting over my head. This was the best skiing I have done in years. In the last 2 weeks I was off my skis for only 3 days and taught lessons from advanced to beginners and worked my body out hard very hard. My back feels better then it did before my accident. It is just incredible and such a blessing to have my life back to the level I dreamed about. You can read more and see some pictures on my blog link below.

Any more skiers out there??????????