Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Insurance Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Insurance Issues Discuss Looking for worker's comp who had 2 level ADR in the Main forums forums; I'm in the fun legal battle with worker's comp to get a 2 level ADR authorized and looking ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 09:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to racergaldar
Default Looking for worker's comp who had 2 level ADR

I'm in the fun legal battle with worker's comp to get a 2 level ADR authorized and looking for anyone who has or is going through this process. I been told I could get a single level, but need a 2 level and trying to find anyone who has had a 2 level disc replacement covered by worker's compensation.
2008: Slip & Fall in 2008
2002-08: 11 epidurals: L3 to S1
2003: L4-L5 Nuceloplasty
2004: L3-L4 Nucleoplasty
Dec 2008: Begin Functional Restoration Program
Old 07-27-2010, 01:55 PM

Default update?

Just wondering if you proceeded on to surgery. You may have written about it somewhere else if you have like under the surgical thread however the only thing I can add to your question was that at one time I was authorized to have a 2 level ADR during trials back in '03. That auth was pulled and later denied. Then I was auth'd to have a one level ADR and one level fusion (hybrid) surgery at a later date ('05/'06) and by this time I was feeling better so didn't have surgery. Believe it or not I think by this time my own body had finally done an autofusion on L5S1 (original injury back in early '80's).

However I'm told that my L5S1 can still be bothersome because there is some movement there. I'm sure there is some excuse for continued back pain (plenty) when it occurs as I have at least 3 lumbar levels involved in the last near 30 years.

Hope you've had some progress on your WC front and/or surgical/or getting better in the interim.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:14 PM

HI Racegaldar

I am trying to also have W.C. pay for surgery .Fusion or ADR with possible four levels

I will P.M. you and let you know how it works out

Gil
L4-L5 Annular fissure with mild central stenosis and moderate facet hypertrophy.
L5-S1DDDDD
L2-L3 Right-sided neural foraminal narrowing at and L3-L4 related to posterolateral hypertrophic spurs and facet hypertrophy.
C3-C4 limited DDD
9 injections Depo. P.T. 13 months 5 dose packs,
Nerve Block Injections.4 ESI S1
L5-S1 foraminotomy 09
L4-L5 Microdiscectomy 09 Reherniate 4-2010
Coflex-L Implants L4 to S1