Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Positive Hoffman's sign on exam for neck pain in the Main forums forums; Saw a new OSS today in same OSS's office (this one accepts my BCBS) and I don't think ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2008, 09:46 PM

Default Positive Hoffman's sign on exam for neck pain

Saw a new OSS today in same OSS's office (this one accepts my BCBS) and I don't think my xrays were all that impressive but on exam I had positive Hoffman's sign so an MRI was ordered for tomorrow if my insurance will authorize to r/o cord compression. Supposedly my subjective report of dropping things all the time seemed to impress this doctor altho he was without a doubt one of the most rapid fire 2 minute appt docs I've seen. He apologized for being over an hour late but was held up in surgery and of course that is a very understandable reason and he was backed up altho he is young and has not yet learned the fine art of making a very abbreviated visit seem like it's not.

Fortunately I didn't care as I wanted to leave. Tomorrow even if I don't get the MRI authorized I have to return to the same office to see someone else for the posterior tibeal tendonitis I have bilaterally that my regular OSS thought needed a 2nd opinion (had seen a podiatrist for this and gotten inserts for shoes).