Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Discogram in the Main forums forums; hello, first i want to say im new here and its good to find a place like this to find ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 04:32 AM

Default Discogram

hello, first i want to say im new here and its good to find a place like this to find info about things im going through. I just had a discogram 2 days ago and still waiting for a Dr to tell me the results although i do have a picture to bring to the surgen. on the picture it shows 2 discs and the Dr wrote next to 2 of the -ul and on the one that hurt real bad he wrote +ul can some one tell me what that means ?? thanks
Old 12-12-2008, 04:26 PM

Hi Shooter,

Don't know the answer to your question but just wanted to say welcome to the forum. Your questions, concerns and comments are why we are here, supporting each other in everyday life.

Mark is your goto guy. How long have you had back problems? Please tell us a little about yourself.

I wish you luck and you manuever thru this spinal maze...

Dale
Old 12-12-2008, 05:03 PM

Bump to Dale...A little more info would help Mark and the others.

I know the results of my Discogram right away. It was not a picnic. L4-L5 was tolerable and I would have put it at a 6-7 pain level with Perocet inme. L5-S1 was a completely different story. As soon as the pressure and dye went in, I was screaming like a baby... We found the pain indicator (which is still there), but I didn't need anyone to tell me what the results were.

I wish you all the luck in the world as I am finding out very fast that it just plain sucks to lose you way of everyday living. We take so much for granted and then POOF, a reminder that we are not invincible after all.
(no Problems)
4-07 Fall down step holding daughter
5-07 L5-S1 buldge MRI
9-07 L5-S1 herniation W/DDD and annular tear MRI
3 epidurals / 2 nerve root injection / 6 weeks of PT

8/01/2008 L4-S1 Posterior Spinal fusion only, using the PEEK ROD system. No Vertebral spacer and disc is still there. So is the pain!!!!

4 More weeks of PT and things are worse now than before.
I must train again.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:59 PM

hello, sorry i took so long to respond but we had an ice storm and lost power for 5 days BRRRR!
im 37 yrs old work a city on the water dept one day i was stretching over the front bucket of our backhoe to pick up the road closed sign (about 30lbs) when i picked it up and turned something i did every day i felt a bad burn in the lower back thought i pulled a muscle so i kept working for 3 weeks after and finally it got to bad to get out of bed and thats when i finally saw my Dr. who put me out of work and sent me to PT which at first helped a little but you all know how comp works.....LOL they stopped that after a number of visits so after that i wanted to have a MRI to find out what was going on thats when i was told i have 2 herniated disc and 1 has a rip in it...
So anyway i have an appointment with the surgen next week to get answers about the discogram and find out where we go from here..
Old 12-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Administrator

I've been trying to think of what the + and -ul notations are. Positive and negative are obvious. They are looking for pain, concordant pain, hard endpoint (high pressure, unable to continue injecting contrast), opening pressure, pain pressure, ending pressure, volume of contrasted injected... maybe some things I'm forgetting now.

I look forward to learning what those notations are! When is your appt?

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 12-20-2008, 12:07 AM

i will find out what they mean this Monday weather permitting