Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss On The Fence ? in the Main forums forums; Hi All I received my answer from Dr Bertagnoli. He suggested two level pro disc at L4-L5 and L5-...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 03:16 PM

Exclamation On The Fence ?

Hi All
I received my answer from Dr Bertagnoli. He suggested two level pro disc at L4-L5 and L5-S1.
I have facet hypertrophy and disc degenerated L2 to S1 with a herniation at L3-L4,stenosis, hypertrophic spurs etc
I am concerned with all the other issues and the problems after ADR with revision surgery fusion, degenerate facet issues?
Is the disc going to last?
So many questions
Still waiting for Dr Zeegers reply.

All for now

Gil
L4-L5 Annular fissure with mild central stenosis and moderate facet hypertrophy.
L5-S1DDDDD
L2-L3 Right-sided neural foraminal narrowing at and L3-L4 related to posterolateral hypertrophic spurs and facet hypertrophy.
C3-C4 limited DDD
9 injections Depo. P.T. 13 months 5 dose packs,
Nerve Block Injections.4 ESI S1
L5-S1 foraminotomy 09
L4-L5 Microdiscectomy 09 Reherniate 4-2010
Coflex-L Implants L4 to S1
Old 01-26-2009, 06:10 PM

Did you discuss your concerns with Dr. B? I think when you email his office, ProSpine patientaffairs@pro-spine.com you should direct your questions to Dr. Andrea Fenk-Mayer. I'm sure she does all the patient correspondence and I think she probably did your work-up.

Did you go thru ProSpine yourself or did you have Mark help you?
**Dec. 2007 numbness and weakness in left arm/thumb, x-rays, MRI, discs at C4-7 pushing on spinal cord, fusion or ADR out of country
**April 7, 2008, discogram at C3-4, surgery 4 levels, Prodisc-C, Dr. Bertagnoli, Germany
Old 01-26-2009, 06:10 PM

Default digesting the news?

Gil,
I am Queen of the Fence Sitters so to me you seem like you're average normal person that's just obtaining info and digesting it at a normal pace

I think you're doing a spendid job of information gathering and are processing it all just about at a normal rate.

Not me. I took so many years to come to the decision to not decide that there should be an award for fence sitting. I think I only know of one other person such as myself (personally) and maybe he already had surgery??

OK, just wanting to give you support along your spinal journey and know at least in a cyber way there are people that *have your back* you know what I mean
Old 01-26-2009, 08:41 PM

Got room on the fence? Move over. Actually, I'm quite decisive and decide conclusively that I will have the ADR at least 3 or 4 times a day. Unfortunately, I also decide on the fusion an equal number of times per day.
Round and round we go....

But it's better to be indecisive with too much information than for want of it.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:26 AM

Sooner or later you have to decide if the quality of life that you are living is decent enough to keep sitting on the fence. I, personally got to the point, where I was suffering so badly that I prayed to die. I figured I had lived a good life, long enough, put some work in to the world around me, nothing much left to accomplish, it was time to check out. When the pain becomes suffering, you hurt those around you with your disposition, the old you isn't even recognizable anymore, it is time to get off of the fence.

Only you can decide when, enough is enough.

I am glad you got a definitive solution to your spinal issues Gil. Take your time to make your decision as there is little turning back once the surgery has been done.

I feel much better today than yesterday so I was just going through a bump in the road. I would say that my 4 level ADR surgery was a success.

Hang in there.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5
Old 01-27-2009, 12:28 AM

Wink On The Fence

Hi All

Thanks for letting me hang out on the fence.

Sandy, Mark is helping me.Also sent prospine an email.

Thank You

Gil
L4-L5 Annular fissure with mild central stenosis and moderate facet hypertrophy.
L5-S1DDDDD
L2-L3 Right-sided neural foraminal narrowing at and L3-L4 related to posterolateral hypertrophic spurs and facet hypertrophy.
C3-C4 limited DDD
L5-S1 foraminotomy 09
Old 01-27-2009, 12:37 AM

Default Reply

Hi Terry

I do not plan to sit on the fence to long,your advice is well taken,quality of life and family comes first,I am scared

Insurance battle has begun BCBS of Wyoming is in the dark ages.

Thank You

Gil
L5-S1DDDDD
C3-C4 limited DDD
L5-S1 foraminotomy 09
Old 01-27-2009, 01:07 AM

Default to be or not to be (on the fence)

Yep, based on what Terry wrote I will continue to fence sit as I've been far worse off than I am now. Maybe not actually per diagnostic findings but rather on the daily pain scale.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:28 AM

Gil,
I wish you the best in making the right decision for you. Don't stay on the fence too long, you'll freeze to death!
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:03 AM

Smile Freezing

Hi Kathy

No kidding it was 16 below zero today

I cant decide what to do

Thanks Gil
L5-S1DDDDD
C3-C4 limited DDD
L5-S1 foraminotomy 09
Old 01-28-2009, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Denis View Post
Hi Kathy

No kidding it was 16 below zero today

I cant decide what to do

Thanks Gil
Holy 'poop', that is nuts. We think we are freezing here, because there is a small ice storm going through. You'd think King Kong was destroying the city by the way people are acting! The news is all about ice and wrecks, same stuff over and over. And the kids didn't have school today because of ice Didn't make for an easy day for me in getting ready to leave town at the crack of dawn tomorrow.
On another note, one of the things you mentioned as having (stenosis), if I recall correctly can lead to problems with ADR. I saw it on the other site, may want to search the key word of stenosis. I think I remember a couple of the one's with bad outcomes talking about it. I could be totally wrong, it may be another s word that I don't know what it means (because I have no idea what stenosis means) Anyhow, best of luck deciding, do your homework and go with your gut.
Kathy
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!