Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss My SI Joint Fusion Surgery is coming up fast! in the Main forums forums; Well, my SI Joint Fusion Surgery is coming up fast, March 9th. I cancelled the hip replacement surgery with a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2009, 02:33 PM

Default My SI Joint Fusion Surgery is coming up fast!

Well, my SI Joint Fusion Surgery is coming up fast, March 9th. I cancelled the hip replacement surgery with a little trepidation, and can only hope and pray this other surgery will resolve most of my pain issues so I won't need the hip replacement...or at least not for a few years, would be nice. I am so ready to get back to living. So, yes, Dr. Stark has invited Mark to come out and observe my surgery, of course, with my approval first. And backup actually. Mark asked me himself if I would be open to him coming, and I had a resounding yes. One thing I just thought of though is: I see Dr. Stark again on Thursday, March 5th, to go over the latest Cat Scan I had done of my SI Joints. And my surgery is Monday, the 9th. Don't I have to have a complete physical before surgery? And will I have time to make an appt.?? Anyway, I better call their office on Monday and ask them about that, because when I talked to Betty (office manager) yesterday, she said I didn't have to do anything until I saw him on Thursday. (naturally, I didn't think about this, oh so important question, until the middle of the night!) I am looking forward to finally meeting Mark in person. I know so many of us have SI joint issues, and this surgery could be so critical on oh, so many levels, for alot of us. So, I think this is an important surgery for Mark to observe. Please pray it is successful and delivers me from pain.

Cindylou

Edited by mmglobal to shorten title.
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.

Last edited by mmglobal; 03-02-2009 at 09:48 PM.