Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Coming Out of Mama Fog in the Main forums forums; Hi I-Spine Boy have you grown. Many of you may remember me I’m Paulette had ADR surgery over ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 12:05 AM

Default Coming Out of Mama Fog

Hi I-Spine

Boy have you grown. Many of you may remember me I’m Paulette had ADR surgery over 3 years ago L5-S1 and this last summer traveled to China to bring my little girl home. She is now 2.5 years old and a 28 lb bowling ball that I carry all over the place. My back has never been better I can’t believe sometimes there is metal and plastic holding me up. I can say I am in the worse shape of my life not having a minute to exercise. But hopefully soon we I will figure that out too.

So here is a little update regarding the Mama fog. Annalise was born with a congenital malformation of her anus and had surgery in China but received the orphan special. So we traveled to Cincinnati Ohio this last October to have her surgery redone by the best bumm doctors in the world. Let me tell you I would go through 10 ADR’s to never have to watch my baby go through surgery again. She was diagnosed with additional complications that have kept us quite busy and seeking different medical opinions. Does this sound familiar I got 9 opinions on back surgery so 4 different docs for her doesn’t sound to bad. God gave me the tools to work through the medical system and I know we are now in the best of hands. I am the pits at updating the back blog as I don’t have much to say regarding my average state of existence but I do have plenty to share on Love You Forever our adoption blog. So please stop by. I still chat with people off and on that are seeking answers to back pain so please don’t hesitate to contact me I am still here just buried under blankets bottles and babies.

Wishing everyone a pain free life and answers to your questions in the near future.

God Bless
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
Powered by ProDisc
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 03-09-2009, 12:39 AM

Nice to see the World Famous Skier post again.

I am sorry for all of the difficulties your daughter has experienced. I hope everything works out okay for her.

I still remember your video of skiing through the trees after your return to the slopes.

Stay strong.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5
Old 03-09-2009, 02:59 AM

Hi Paulette:
It's good to hear from you and to know that you are continuing to do well!
I'm sorry to hear that your little one is going through such painful surgeries but she certainly has the best mama to help her through!
Old 03-09-2009, 04:07 AM

Hiya Paulette! Enjoying this winter's snowpack? I wish your daughter my very best (what a cutie!) and I'm sorry she suffers so. I hope that you're A-OK post your ADR surgery. My best - Allan
Old 03-09-2009, 10:50 PM

Hi Paulette,

Good to hear from you but very sorry about Annalise's continued health problems. I know how heartbreaking your child's suffering is and I wish you both the best. Please keep us posted.

Dale
Old 03-09-2009, 11:47 PM

Hi Paulette
It`s nice to meet you I heard great things. Sorry to hear your little one is having some health issues. I hate to see children suffering
Hope to ski with you some day
Take care of that little one

Gil
L4-L5 Annular fissure with mild central stenosis and moderate facet hypertrophy.
L5-S1DDDDD
L2-L3 Right-sided neural foraminal narrowing at and L3-L4 related to posterolateral hypertrophic spurs and facet hypertrophy.
C3-C4 limited DDD
9 injections Depo. P.T. 13 months 5 dose packs,
Nerve Block Injections.4 ESI S1
L5-S1 foraminotomy 09
L4-L5 Microdiscectomy 09 Reherniate 4-2010
Coflex-L Implants L4 to S1
Old 03-10-2009, 11:59 PM

Default just was thinking of you and Annalise the other day

Paulette,
I was wondering how Annalise is doing and couldn't remember how to get to your blog so I'm so glad you popped in here to update us!

So sorry Annalise has had these complications and so glad she got you for a momma! Glad to hear your back is not an issue at all.

I once had to carry Lola several long blocks back to the car for some reason and she was up to 20lbs ... I was staggering by the time I got in sight of the car and practically begging someone to take her off my hands~ oh well, love that dog and continue to pick her up on occasion but not as often as when she weighed 14 lbs!

Will check the blog now that you've posted to get updated with you and Annalise and hope she is doing well overall.

Hugs to you both~ Maria
Old 03-16-2009, 05:06 PM

Paulette, congrats on your little wee daughter! What a blessing and a gift children are. I checked out your baby blog, and she is a doll. I hope her health improves, and know she has the best Mom to make that happen. God bless you both! Good luck with the house selling too!

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.