Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss L4-5 Charite ADR Stenum in the Main forums forums; Hello everyone, I've been reading here and on other forums. This is my first and last post. I've ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2009, 08:26 AM

Default L4-5 Charite ADR Stenum

Hello everyone,

I've been reading here and on other forums. This is my first and last post. I've never participated and do not want to share any details about me. Kc0iet's post showing her in a wheelchair after her surgery has moved me. So many of us have known of these problems for years, but for some reason, they remain rumors that float around as subtext. They are never brought to the forefront. I had surgery at Stenum in October of 2004. My outcome was poor, but not horrible. There were others on my trip who's outcomes were unbelievable. I hope that Vikki will come and tell her story. I'm going to post a little of John's story, because he can't. I have contacted John's wife to see if this is OK and she thinks this is an excellent idea and was very supportive.

I can't tell all the details, but John and I shared xrays and a picture is worth a thousand words.

On October 7, 2005, John had a Charite ADR implanted at Stenum hospital. The ADR was off center:

The ADR was not put far enough back:

It came apart inside John:

He ultimately had a revision surgery. He had serious complications from the revision that almost killed him. Unfortunately, remaining in chronic pain and the stress of the ordeal took it's toll on John and his pain problem turned into a drug problem. The drugs took him from us. He died last June.

I appreciate that the technology works for so many patients, but everyone needs to understand how much is at stake here. I hope this helps someone.

H

Last edited by Havanna; 03-28-2009 at 08:29 AM.