Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Discogram Appt. in the Main forums forums; The discogram was performed in New Orleans. I made an appt. at TBI for the following Tuesday with the intention ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2009, 09:18 PM

The discogram was performed in New Orleans. I made an appt. at TBI for the following Tuesday with the intention of bringing the results. Regardless of what my surgeon who performed my last surgery thinks, he will not be the one touching my thoracic spine. He does not have the expertise. At this point there is no question as to what is causing my pain and suffering. The only thing that needs to be addressed is which levels are causing problems and what we need to do about them.

I could keep my appt at TBI, but the doctor there will not have the information that he needs. The only way that I will let any doctor go forward with any surgery is with confirmation from a discogram. So the 7 hour drive to get there would be worthless.

I know that no one can share another's pain, but I am willing to bet that most people on this board do not experience the levels of pain that I do. My best days are terrible and most days I feel as if the pain itself is going to kill me. I am so sick of trying to convince other people of my suffering. I sound like a broken record over and over again. I can cry out and beg for help endlessly with nothing, yet if I said I was going to kill myself, everyone comes running to the rescue and it's shit.

Nothing about what is wrong with me is a mystery or exceptional. I have pain patterns that are indicative of herniations and I have imaging showing herniations. I have had to endure two years of this torture because this broken piece of shit medical system that is supposed to be the best in the world can't listen to patients. Because of it I have lost everything that I have with absolutely no treatment and nothing to show for it except a huge scar on my head from an unnecessary brain surgery. On top of it I get closer to losing the ability to care for myself every day.

You know when people are thankful, that it could be worse. They're right, you could be me, because at this point I cannot imagine anything worse than what I live through everyday. I can't think of anything that is worse than being in pain that is so severe that you beg for death. That is my morning, noon, evening, and night.

I am so sorry for venting like this and I am not directing it at you Cavalier, I'm just feeling really bad.
VATS thoracic fusion @ T3-4 and T6-7 on 9/11/09
Fusion w/cage @ C7-T1 on 11/12/09

Last edited by jchebert1979; 06-28-2009 at 09:26 PM.