Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss visit to OSS re cervical spine in the Main forums forums; I wanted a new MRI due to my increasing neck pain episodes and I mentioned increasing headaches with neck pain/...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2009, 06:48 AM

Default visit to OSS re cervical spine

I wanted a new MRI due to my increasing neck pain episodes and I mentioned increasing headaches with neck pain/spasms and facial numbness on left side of face on cheek that had spread across my face (cheeks/mouth). Didn't last long but was a weird feeling.. also feeling like something was on my chin .. crawling type of feeling.

The OSS doesn't think the facial symptoms are related to my cervical spine and doesn't want to do *anything* there but wants an MRI of my brain on Monday and referral to Neurlogist early next week to rule out TIA or stroke.

I'm thinking this numbness was part of the migraines I was dealing with the last few weeks and they were exaccerbated by the neck pain episodes I was experiencing.

Until the brain MRI is done and I've seen the Neurologist and been cleared re TIA/stroke the OSS doesn't want to address my cervical spine complaints further (or eval/treatment).