Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Update in the Main forums forums; The struggle continues. It has been hard. The first year I prayed that this pain would end. The second year ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 02:34 AM

Default Update

The struggle continues. It has been hard. The first year I prayed that this pain would end. The second year I prayed for death. I feel like I am finally going to make some progress.

After much much work, I finally made it in to Dr. John Regan's practice. Surgery is scheduled for T3-4 and T6-7 on Friday. I know I have pain coming from lower and higher levels, but I am gambling that these two are the worst. I put everything on the line by coming out here for this surgery as the two years of constant misdiagnosis have left me with no money. Depending on how long after surgery I have to stay, I might not even have enough for the flight back home. I will cross that bridge when it comes.

This really is my last shot. Doctors are now refusing to see me because I've seen so many. I ask everyone to send me some prayers, energy, good juju, whatever you believe in.
VATS thoracic fusion @ T3-4 and T6-7 on 9/11/09
Fusion w/cage @ C7-T1 on 11/12/09
Old 09-10-2009, 03:05 AM

My fingers are crossed, my thoughts are with you. Relief of your severe pain will be just around the corner. It sounds like you have a positive attitude which will get our far. I'm assuming Dr. R is on board with your thinking?

After you leave the hospital, where will you spend the next few days of recovery?

I wish you every luck, Dale
Old 09-10-2009, 04:23 AM

I wish you the best.

You are in good hands.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:20 PM

Thanks guys. Dr. Regan was very short and to be honest didn't really seem interested in my symptoms. This really doesn't matter to me because I am not seeing him for his diagnostic skill as I have brought the diagnosis to him. I am seeking his surgical skill.

Hopefully the dice roll will turn in my favor and these discs are the major pain generators. If C7-T1, and T1-2 turn out to be causing major pain after this, I have Dr. Henry from TBI who will operate. Dr. Regan would as well, but unfortunately I do not have the money to either stay or come back to California for him to do it.
VATS thoracic fusion @ T3-4 and T6-7 on 9/11/09
Fusion w/cage @ C7-T1 on 11/12/09
Old 09-11-2009, 06:13 AM

Default Surgery

Good luck!

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:14 AM

Default of course

I am wishing you the absolute best possible surgical outcome and that the heavy hitters re your pain will be addressed. Is your surgery for next Friday?