Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Just an update. in the Main forums forums; Still in severe pain. I just finished my cervical discogram and the total pain generating disc cound is. C7-T1, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 05:09 PM

Default Just an update.

Still in severe pain. I just finished my cervical discogram and the total pain generating disc cound is. C7-T1, T3-4, T6-7, T7-8 (questionable). T1-2 is a likely pain generator but cannot be accessed with my anatomy.

Worst part about it is that the pain from C7-T1 is overlaping the pain from T3-4. There is no way I can tell which one is worse.

I have given up on the idea of another ADR. My main fight is trying to get in with a Dr who can perform the VATS approach on my thoracic spine. If I can't, the traditianal approach is to crack open the chest to access the area. The cervical and T1-2 can be accessed from the front and will have to be fused.
VATS thoracic fusion @ T3-4 and T6-7 on 9/11/09
Fusion w/cage @ C7-T1 on 11/12/09
Old 08-15-2009, 11:22 PM

J,

That's 5 bad levels in your thorasic spine. Wow is the only word that comes to mind. I know cracking upon your chest is is difficult surgery but if that's the only way to get it done, then you have no choice. It would be nice to finally get rid of this pain. Any idea of a who or when?

Dale
Old 08-16-2009, 07:18 AM

Default Wow!

Sorry to hear that. The thoracic is hard to reach. Will be a tough surgery.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.