Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss ADR Revsion Surgery in the Main forums forums; Hi, I've been reading the pages on this forum like a man possesed for the past 24 hours since ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2009, 10:17 PM

Default ADR Revsion Surgery

Hi,
I've been reading the pages on this forum like a man possesed for the past 24 hours since I found this website and am wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me some advice if possible.
It's coming up to six years since my L5/S1 ADR surgery and all is, luckily, still well. Even though I still get twinges 3/4 times a year, I'm still more pain-free than I was pre-surgery.
The only thing which does worry me from time to time is that, although things are good at the moment (and hopefully for years to come), ADR's can, and sometimes do, fail over time. I know there are articles on the internet regarding the revision of ADR surgery, both posterior fusion with the ADR in situ, and also recovery surgery of the disc coupled with fusion (which I have read is full of realistic risks), but these articles are very "medical" and are rarely from the actual people involved in the surgery.
I have read comments on here which say that the L5/S1 cannot be recovered laterally, so if not, is it safe to perform an anterior recovery?
How many people have had an SB Charite recovered form L5/S1?
Any of your comments would be gratefully recieved.
Thanks in advance,
Andy