Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Any help for L5S1 pain??? in the Main forums forums; Hi everyone, I used to follow all of these forums as madd a long long time ago. Basically, my back ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2010, 10:19 PM

Question Any help for L5S1 pain???

Hi everyone,
I used to follow all of these forums as madd a long long time ago. Basically, my back to again feeling bad and I am starting to wonder if it is now time to surgically take care of it!
I have been told by surgeon after surgeon that I need to have L5S1 fused. I don't want a fusion, I want an ADR. I have Blue Cross PPO and I want to know how much financially I will have to put into my back. Also, I need to find a good dr. (and compassionate too) in the Los Angeles area.
I am currently on Neurontin once a day, Lyrica 4 times a day and Norco 4 times a day. I am scared that once they do surgery they will leave me with no alternative but to go through rough withdrawls from all of the medication that I have taken for years!!
I work full time as a secretary and it is getting unbearable to work a full day without taking extra meds.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Linda