Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Emotional issues (ptss) from years of back stuff in the Main forums forums; I'm wondering if anyone has any similar stories or ideas. I had my accident in 94 or so. I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2010, 07:48 PM

Default Emotional issues (ptss) from years of back stuff

I'm wondering if anyone has any similar stories or ideas. I had my accident in 94 or so. I had a chemically sensitive disc which could go off at any moment, regardless of where I was. I could be driving down the freeway and have to pull over for two hours off an exit and wait it out until I could drive again.

When it did, no matter where I was, I would have to lie down, sometimes for days until the spasms, leak, died down. Years of this led to panic attacks and stress that I lived with. I was in "survival mode" for so long, I wasn't in a position to adress the emotional toll it all took on me.

I am now approx six months post op and for now am satisfied with the results. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. I'm also a cancer survivor and deal with that...being in remission. I'm being treated for panic stuff as a result but I'm wondering if others have similar stories. For years I was stuck inside the house, flat on my back....I still have my down days but the emotional toll is far greater than I ever thought.

I am getting help, but I feel like many don't "get" what's happened. Has anyone gone through this? They are now trying me on buspar.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.