Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss For People Injured While on Medical Tourism in Germany in the Main forums forums; RIP Freedom of Speech...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 06:54 PM

Default For People Injured While on Medical Tourism in Germany

RIP Freedom of Speech

Last edited by Job13; 03-28-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:48 PM

Default thank you

Job13,
Not that I need this as or certainly not yet as I've gone nowhere for any further surgical treatment since 1992 however I find this very interesting and the most helpful bit of information with regard to a medical grievance if you will in Germany.

thank you for this piece of information and I'm sure there will be persons who may need it and had no idea it existed.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:32 AM

It is interesting to know that they exist. Were they any help, to you... or to anyone that you know of.
It is not easy to get one doctor to find fault with another doctor's work, especially if possibility of legal actions.
I would no longer travel to germany for surgery, due to risk, and what was done to you by the world's "best" doctor.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:36 AM

However if travelling overseas for spine surgery, it would be a benefit (imo) to have an experienced patient advocate like Mark involved. I 'think' he actually attends the operations, which the surgeon would be mindful of.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:02 PM

Don't know why but I feel I have to respond to this post. I am appalled and frustrated, plus a number of other words that have not yet been added to the dictionary, at what happened to you as Crystal put it, in the hands of the world's best doctor. I don't even remember how many times I wrote a similar phrase myself.

I'm also quite ashamed to admit that one of my thoughts is thank G-d it didn't happen to me when it could have. Mark did attend my surgery and to think any doctor would be more diligent with 'witnesses' than without goes against everything anyone thinks about doctors. But then again, we here are all witness to non-caring doctors and those of lesser quality.

Did this watch dog agency help you at all and why? I do so hope your llife today is 'normal' though I do understand that the meaning of that word is relative.

My best, Dale
Old 07-28-2010, 06:37 AM

RIP Freedom of Speech

Last edited by Job13; 03-28-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:13 AM

RIP Freedom of Speech.

Last edited by Job13; 03-28-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:11 AM

I hear what you are saying....that some so called patient advocates are actually doctor advocates as they have a commercial association with specific doctors whom they recommend exclusively. Essentially that just makes them sales rep's. And if they are receiving commissions from the doctors then they are just commission paid sales persons, motivated more likely by obtaining commission money than finding best course of action for patient. It amounts to commercial exploitation of vulnerable, suffering people.

In this setting the patient advocate would be as keen as the doctor to suppress news of bad patient outcomes, such as by deleting posts like yours. All this is very bad, and very disturbing to learn.