Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Hi everyone.. i wanted to ask everyone on here if they had any experience with these in the Main forums forums; doctors.. I have made some appointments in Dallas, TX to see both Dr. Peloza and Dr. Blumenthal. I was not ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 07:59 PM

Default Hi everyone.. i wanted to ask everyone on here if they had any experience with these

doctors.. I have made some appointments in Dallas, TX to see both Dr. Peloza and Dr. Blumenthal. I was not sure who to see at TBI since they have so many great surgeons there. I wanted to see if anyone has seen or been operated on Dr. Peloza. I know that I need a fusion surgery done and he is said to have performed the most minimally invasive fusions.

thanks
Old 09-21-2010, 04:06 AM

Default Dr peloza and TBI

I was dr peloza's patient for many years. On the positive side, he is supposedly one of the top spine doctors in the country. On the down side, he doesn't like to talk and communicate much, sometimes he is on his way out the door before you have a chance to ask questions. I was quite dissapointed when after so many years of being his patient, he booted me out the door and took my $250 without answering any of my questions. I was asking for his opinion on my subsided ADR. I guess it's par for the course with most US surgeons as the TBI also refuses to see patients who have had prior surguried overseas. But the tbi will force you to take psychological testing (600 questionaire) and counseling before clearing you for surgury, so be ready for that. If they feel your psych questionare wasn't consistent answers, they will require you to take the 600 question test a 2nd time. Do you realize how long a 600 question test takes? Hours! Many questions are very ambiguous and will stump you. It's a huge beat down.Lastly , TBI often denies many patients surgury because they deem them depressed based on the psych tests and evaluations. TBI is the only doctors I know of that deny patients surgury based on failed psych tests. This is all I can tell you.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.

Last edited by steve55; 09-21-2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:45 AM

You might find some patient reports here, though i did not check.
Doctor Search | RateMDs.com