Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss cervical spine and sleeping in the Main forums forums; have c spine problems from c3 down.for the past month or more when i lean back or try to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 12:13 PM

Default cervical spine and sleeping

have c spine problems from c3 down.for the past month or more when i lean back or try to sleep on my back i get numb and pins and needles.anyone else have that problem.

fred c
Old 10-05-2010, 08:54 PM

I assume you mean leaning your head back and having symptoms in your arms and/or hands. Yes, I did have those symptoms but also didn't have the range of motion to really tilt my head back (prior to surgery). It sounds like your nerves are being impinged. Have you tried a cervical pillow? What treatment(s) are you receiving?
Old 10-06-2010, 04:48 AM

Default re symptoms

I guess you're seeing someone re your symptoms or at least hope so.

I second the notion of use of the cervical roll pillow or horseshoe pillow. I've used both and find that the horseshoe one works best for me tho my main cervical symptom is pain.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:52 AM

I have noticed that ever since my c spine issues, this has been an issue with me also. It's only occasional for me though. I get it in the hands along the sides when sleeping and if I sit too long at my desk or especially on airplanes, my legs and feet also fall asleep easily. Before cervical problems this stuff never occurred.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.