Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss why mri and ct reports vary in the Main forums forums; i have had ct's a few months apart and one report will comment on something important, while the other ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 01:07 PM

Default why mri and ct reports vary

i have had ct's a few months apart and one report will comment on something important, while the other report leaves it off. second, my ct and mri are almost a year old and with all of the changes and new symptoms going on, why would a prudent doctor order a new one?
Old 12-30-2010, 05:14 PM

Quality is quality. Doctors are different, some better than others. Some are jaded from complaining whining patients while others look for the source of the complaints. I'd like to say it is what it is but when our health is on the line, we can't have seams tearing apart after careful usage. Shop carefully, you have only 1 spine.

And yes, I do think it would be prudent to have another MRI

Happy New Year, Dale
Old 12-30-2010, 05:28 PM

Default thank Godness it's not just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshobbies View Post
Quality is quality. Doctors are different, some better than others. Some are jaded from complaining whining patients while others look for the source of the complaints. I'd like to say it is what it is but when our health is on the line, we can't have seams tearing apart after careful usage. Shop carefully, you have only 1 spine.

And yes, I do think it would be prudent to have another MRI

Happy New Year, Dale
Thank you for your reply Dale. I will have to be more insistant. Hayyp New Year to you as well.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Administrator

If your imaging is a year old and your symptoms have changed substantially... I don't see how they could justify not ordering new imaging.

Regarding the reports; most of the spine surgeons I know don't really care what the radiologist's report says. You see a great variance from one doctor's reading to the next. I honestly believe that there would be a great variance from the same doctor reading the same MRI on a different day.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org