Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Dr. Zeegers celebrates 4 decades of ADRs - Party postponed due to weather! in the Main forums forums; Last month, I was able to spend some time with a patient of Dr. Zeegers who had a Charite’ ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Default Dr. Zeegers celebrates 4 decades of ADRs - Party postponed due to weather!

Last month, I was able to spend some time with a patient of Dr. Zeegers who had a Charite’ ADR implanted in 1994. He still plays tennis, 17 years later! I wrote about him on this thread: 16 years postop, Charite and fusion!.

After that gathering, I began to think about my tennis date with Wolfgang Lehmann, the very first Charite’ patient. He was operated on by Dr. Karin Beuttner-Janz back in 1984. He still plays tennis, 27 years later! I wrote about my tennis date with him here. (Watch the video too!)

Dr. Zeegers and I began to discuss: “If we get patients from the 1980’s, 1990’s, 2000’s, 2010’s together, we can celebrate four decades of artificial disc replacements!” Yes, I know… Dr. Zeegers began implanting ADR’s in 1989, so that’s only 22 years; but it still represents ADR surgeries in 4 decades! The more we talked about it, the more we liked the idea. In my trips to Dr. Zeegers clinics, I have met several patients who were wheelchair-bound before their surgeries. I can’t wait to see them dancing.

Dr. Zeegers and I are planning on throwing a bash on Saturday, February 5th, 2011. The party will be in Maastricht, Netherlands and will be from 16:00 to 22:00. (That’s 4pm to 10pm for some of us.) I’ll have more about the party soon. I’ll be posting on this thread, creating a website, and sending emails. (get on the mailing list by RSVP'ing.) Afterwards, the website will stay up indefinitely, with pictures and videos from the party.

I know that not too many of us can drop what we are doing and go to Europe for a party on 2 weeks notice. For Dr. Zeegers’ patients who would still like to participate, you may do so remotely. Please send an email to 4DecadesADR (at) gmail.com with a testimonial and or some pictures you’d like to share. Success for some of us means barefoot waterskiing, while for others, it just means being able to walk to the park with your kids or grandkids. Not all of us are out of pain, but most of us are substantially improved.

Again, Dr. Zeegers’ patients, please RSVP to 4DecadesADR (at) gmail.com and if you can’t make it please still send us a note and/or some pictures, videos, … whatever. I’ll be sharing them at the party on the 5th.

I am really looking forward to this!

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org

Last edited by mmglobal; 01-23-2011 at 04:51 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:14 PM

Default Dr. Zeegers

Enjoyed talking to you about this, Mark.
Dr. Zeegers has helped me and also Pauline tremendously.
Talk to you soon....
Jeff
Two level cervical Mobi-C (C5/6, C6/7) 2/2/07 with Dr. Zeegers (successful)
Laser Facet Coagulation (left side: L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1 & sacral) 11/04/10 with Prof. Dr. Reul / Beta Klinik (significant reduction in remnant lumbar & sacral pain)
Old 01-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Default Dr. Herbert Baumbach will be coming to the party!

I have some amazing news about the party. You have seen me write about Dr. Baumbach for years. He's the incredible neurlogist that Dr. Zeegers has used for many years for help with the difficult cases and any case with substantial neurological involvement. His help has made ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD for some of the patients. Dr. Baumbach has such incredible insight and is so thorough, I've seen him make several diagnoses that have stumped other doctors for years.

I'm here in Munich now with my youngest daughter, Lauren. We just spent a wonderful evening with Dr. Baumbach at a new Indian restaurant in Arabella Park. (Good bye to the Chinese place next to the theatre.) I'm so happy to report that Dr. Baumbach will be at Zeegers' celebration!

Here is one of the things I've written about him:

The amazing Dr. Baumbach - another life-changing diagnosis?

Dr. Baumbach was also instrumental in Lorna's case: Grima6 Maverick Explantation - revision to fusion.

It will be great to see him at the party. There are many returning patients who will want to thank him personally too. There are also many potential patients who would love the possibility of meeting him as well.

More as I get it...

Mark
Old 01-24-2011, 07:29 PM

Default party

Man, I so wish I could be there for the party. Lack of $$$$!
Dr. Baumbach is a trusted friend and I could not begin to convey how much I value him and how much help he has given to me and to my wife. Our lives are better because of him, and also because of Dr. Zeegers.
-Jeff
Two level cervical Mobi-C (C5/6, C6/7) 2/2/07 with Dr. Zeegers (successful)
Laser Facet Coagulation (left side: L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1 & sacral) 11/04/10 with Prof. Dr. Reul / Beta Klinik (significant reduction in remnant lumbar & sacral pain)
Old 01-25-2011, 01:02 PM

Default Someone really wants to impress

Why isn't there more options out there for medical loans? It sad that so many want to go to Europe for treatment, but without insurance to cover the cost of what we know has great sucess, many can not aford to do so.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Eddie G

This sounds pretty cool.
Can you stream the event live? using justin.tv or veetle.com? Or some other?
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 01-27-2011, 10:53 AM

Default me too

No ADR to date though the party sounds like great fun! Now that I no longer will be traveling to Florida w/3 seats I can go elsewhere. Good news is my low back seems to hold up better overall (ok scratch sitting long periods still) although not sure about really cold weather. Anyway, have a great time and can't wait to hear/see more about this party and your whole trip there Mark and Lauren. Great photo BTW!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Default Party Postponed!

I have to apologize to the patient community for the fire-drill.

I'm from Southern California and the weather is never part of any planning there. Northern Europe is not Southern Cal.

Sadly, we'll have to postpone the party. Rain and snow are forecast for the end of the week with high winds on Saturday. It may not be safe for people driving from several hours away (and driving home late at night.)

I'm still collecting testimonials for the party. But, it will take place when the weather is kinder. No date is set, yet, but we'll let you know when it will happen. (Looking at April or May dates???)

Again... sorry for the fire drill. More as I know it.

All the best,

Mark