Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Questions about imaging of the M6c cervical disc in the Main forums forums; Hello, I recently had a cervical MRI done at my 3 month check up and the images were distorted in ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2011, 09:49 PM

Default Questions about imaging of the M6c cervical disc

Hello,

I recently had a cervical MRI done at my 3 month check up and the images were distorted in the neuroformenal opening of the spine at all three levels.
The spinal stenosis was taken care of and the MRI report stated there is no stenosis noted and you can look at the scan and see that.
My question is: is there a special type of MRI scan that I can have to make sure that the decompression was successful at the operated levels. My worry is i only had radiopathy in my left arm and some upper back pain pre op, and i am still ahving some hand clumbsiness and numbness, my grip is strong though, but my extensor muscles in my hand are so weak, does this go away once the nerve heals or is it permeanent. It is mostly my thumb and forfinger. My Dr. wanted A myleo ct, but that is 5000-7000.00 dollars and a stay in the hospital, so since i am not made of money is there another way to see the nerve roots and make sure they are decompressed and not in danger thus causeing my symptoms. I thought the m6 was suppose to be MRI friendly. Thanks for the help and advice.

Jarrod