Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Do Masochists Actually Enjoy Pain? If So, How Do I Become One? Quick! in the Main forums forums; Does the brain of a masochist work different? Are there chemicals in their brains that make them actually enjoy pain? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 07:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to Eddie G
Default Do Masochists Actually Enjoy Pain? If So, How Do I Become One? Quick!

Does the brain of a masochist work different? Are there chemicals in their brains that make them actually enjoy pain? If pain made me happy, I would be laughing all the time. Where can I get these chemicals?

What about people who feel NO pain at all? (CIPA?) I'll take that over all this pain crap.

I wonder if there's some research doctor out there studying this stuff.

If ya can't beat em, join em I always say!
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 07-21-2011, 12:20 AM

Default Yeah really

I had an ortho doc want to put rods in my entire neck! what an idiot! yeah, that's not going to cause me any long term issues. meds meds meds...
Old 07-21-2011, 05:51 PM

Take that! (whip lash) And that! (repeat)

Did that feel good? If not, I'm afraid your brain is wired correctly and you're doomed to hate pain.

Note: Naturally, none of the above is gathered from personal experience.

Has anyone recommended a Tens Unit - for you too Cheryl. I realize it's contra-indicated with ADRs but when all else fails... Just thinking out loud.

Dale
Old 07-21-2011, 08:53 PM

Default have a tens unit

my paid is not muscular it nerve pain. but yeah i ue the tens unit if i get stiff and sore. my c 6/7 is going out under my stress of the fusion and the 2/3 is mostly likely not far behind that. had an mri yesterday but do not have the report back. plus lets keep in mind we are laying down for these so it may not show how bad it really is....
Old 07-23-2011, 12:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to Eddie G

I love my TENS unit. I even got the super duper extra fancy model that goes deeper than regular TENS. I use it when I need to walk a bit, but after walking, I take it off the TENS (like the LostInSpace Robot powering down) and then I feel worse because I tend to over do it when wearing the TENS...but I still LOVE it...

I wonder if an MRI of a masochist shows anything relevant. Masochists have what I want, whether it's wiring, or a chemical change in the brain, I NEED that change! Wire me up!

Maybe I should start small. A cute little spiked collar maybe? Nipple clamps?

Excuse me, I gotta go flaggellate now. .
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC