Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Additional symptoms explanation with picture in the Main forums forums; Uploaded with ImageShack.us So,since i cant get reliable answer why i have chronic pain i will give it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 08:31 PM

Default Additional symptoms explanation with picture

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So,since i cant get reliable answer why i have chronic pain i will give it a try with your help and opinions.
After 3 years i still dont know whats my source of pain Sad
So picture explanation:
RED - dull ache that makes me scream. It's realy constant dull deep pain.
YELLOW - this is hard to explain but i will try Confused i dont know if this inside is muscle,nerve,ligament but i hate it.
When i move my left shoulder little bit front,i have feeling like something inside (in this yellow part) will fall apart. Like some stretch or something else i realy dont know what...???
BLUE - this area is so tight and painfull i fell my WHOLE left shoulder blade is SICK. On the right side it's allmost nothing. i have pain there ones per 2 month. So left - right 90% - 10%
Alot of muscle trigger points on the left side,that i think never will go away.
Sometime i get strange feeling that my left arm is "dead" and when i hold something with left arm my left SHOULDER BLADE get's dead. i canot hold,i dont have strenth there at all.
Sorry for long post,but with this maybe i can have some additional help from others.
Thank you alot. Damir
Old 10-21-2011, 11:43 PM

Default best yet

Damir,
Yes, best yet explanation that I can clearly grasp what you're feeling and where! thanks for this... sorry to see the screaming pain coloration!! Ouchhhhh!!!! Tho thanks~ this is really quite explanatory at least to me re location and type of pain! Sure wish we knew what was causing it for U! Hopefully soon....
Old 10-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Damir,

The red pain is what I called my interscapular pain that began with my 1997 accident and remained until my cervical ADR surgery 12 years later. That has been expressed to me as a very typical symptom of a whiplash type of cervical injury.

The yellow pain makes me wonder about a potential problem local to the shoulder instead of the spine??? If it is mechanical and reproducable based on arm movement (or perhaps neck movement???), it sounds like a structural issue?

I'm going to ask around about this.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 10-22-2011, 08:37 PM

Damir , Nice to know your name. If your left arm goes numb and weak (that happened to me) have you had your cervical spine checked out? That was my problem at the time. I had severe problems on my MRI (i don't remember exactly what) but i had surgery on C4-7 and my arm symptoms left and my strength returned.
Then the thoracic symptoms started about a year later.

Is this what they are telling you in Germany? That they cannot find it either? Or has the search just begun there?
virtual mum is worried

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 10-22-2011, 09:15 PM

@Mark ...thank you...you know i apreciate your help very much... maybe dr Reul will suggest shoulder blades MRI...im not sure if that can be done.
@jsewell..i didnt upload sorry...i have re-scheduled to november..so we will see..
Old 10-22-2011, 10:16 PM

Ok i was wondering what was going on. Thanks for the update.

2007 ACDF 4-7
2010 lung surgery
2011 Foot surgery
Old 10-22-2011, 11:39 PM

Don't know if this will help but when I am tense and hold my body more rigid, both Julius and I get that same yellow pain. I use relaxation techniques as well as deep tissue massage, which might not be recommended with a cervical connection.

I am assuming your neck issues also make you hold your body differently. It may be as simple as that or ?????. My hope is with the simple.

Dale
Old 10-23-2011, 01:52 AM

Check sick scapula off the list.

orthodoc.aaos.org/JamesDavidsonMD/SLAPiii.pdf

Could be present in concert with disc issues as well, can give you anterior/posterior shoulder pain and thoracic outlet type symptoms.

You need physio to combat it if it's present.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:01 PM

thank you for this info. i google it litlle bit and found very interesing. i realy feel like my left scapula is sick. not right side,only left.
but it is hard to diagnose this,specialy in croatia.
if i pop up with this question,they will think im crazy...
Old 10-24-2011, 06:57 AM

Just look at yourself in the mirror. If you have it, one shoulder will be lower than the other, your left one will be slumped. Look at your collarbones to help guide you.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:56 AM

Wooow,thanks hooch. Actually i do have lower left shoulder opossite to right. Also it goes to behind,not normal like right(sorry for my bad english..."behind"???) i hope you did understand. Weird thing is that the collarbone,when i look to right it looks normal,and on left side is like i have collarbone all the way to shoulder itself,realy weird. i never look this,front of the mirror.
I quote this from one site "...with “SICK Scapula Syndrome” will hold the affected shoulder lower than the other and also rotated forward.
im bolding this,because for example when i sit down,i automaticaly rotate left shoulder forward. then when i notice this,i try to put it back,but again it goes forward. i feel "easier" when i have it forward instead normal position...
EDIT2: i remeber,when dr told me : swimm alot,just swimm specialy on the back. Back swimming give me so much pain in left shoulder blade area. While back swimming,when with right arm its ok,but with left its so paintful and weeker then my right.
so i give up with swimming..

Last edited by newhere; 10-24-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:09 PM

Damir, sounds like you are on to something. Maybe it is your scapula all along. Is that easy to fix?
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2010 lung surgery
2011 Foot surgery
Old 10-24-2011, 03:30 PM

I think its not so easy since is allready 3years chronic. It can be scapula problem,but there is also deep dull ache in my mid spine. It hurts when i touch the vertebral body around t6 t7. Something keeps teeling me that all this is related with disc problem.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Administrator

From my lumbar problems, I used to drop one shoulder and hunch forward. Many different types of pain can alter your posture.

I don't think you can put pressure on a disc with any mild or moderate external pressure. Is it possible that the area that has point tenderness is muscular? Muscles that are overworked because they are over-recruited due to weakness in other areas, or because they are overcompensating due to posture or pain can have this type of tenderness.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 10-24-2011, 09:40 PM

Scapula dysfunction is pretty well recognised. I'd go and get it checked out with a decent doctor and physio, maybe an emg for arm symptoms to check for impingement.

With dumped scapula it can tension the brachial plexus apart from directly impinging it, muscles spams, this leads to the 'dead' feeling. I have this, had it pre-surgery when my posture was shot due to disc that couldnt bear load anymore and post-op a whole lot worse as was in a lot of pain. It's slowly coming back.

You are probably right, it's come about because of pain messing up your muscle patterns, but hopefully you can improve the scap function and reduce whatever symptoms it is causing in its own right.

A decent physio will be necessary tho, GPs are useless for this sort of thing, they'll just say swim more or some such nonsense.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:54 AM

i will try to check that yeah...weird thing is that i now develop left eye pain...i realy hate all this,every day some new symptoms :/
i fell like from left shoulder blade,the pain radiates trought neck and then in eye...
hope i will soon have some propper diagnose,if not i will scream