Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Cervical stenosis 'mystery man' in the Main forums forums; Yup, that's what I was called by the last clinician I saw. No real mystery to me but the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2012, 02:31 AM

Default Cervical stenosis 'mystery man'

Yup, that's what I was called by the last clinician I saw.
No real mystery to me but the way I have been treated has been.

I'll be brief but firstly I'd like to give my respect and thanks to this whole community. I have been reading and I have deep compassion for what so many of you have dealt with.

51, male, good health, active most of my life, always had subtle 'low back issues'.

About 3 years ago working with my daughter prepping for high school soccer I noticed I couldn't quite get my feet out in front of me running. A few months later I noticed balance issues and more pronounced numbness in my feet. More months later at my annual physical my GP says stenosis of the cervical spine, orders MRI's.

I attended a LaserSpineInstitute seminar and was identified as a candidate. I went to the PA facility and after more MRI's and xrays was told I needed more than they could do.

I saw a surgeon at Lahey Clinic who said I was not a surgical patient. And then the most recent doctor at a NH spine clinic (referred to me as 'mystery man') who said fusion was the only answer but may not result in lessening of symptoms.

I am confused about what to do, my family is confused about my confusion. I had a phone consultation with Dr. Ditworth who was mainly interested in what all the other guys told me.

So many specialty clinics around the country, hospitals here in New England . .
I'm waiting to hear back from Texas Joint and Spine to see if I am a candidate for Dr. Pauza's Fibrin procedure.

Thanks for reading and all the best to everyone here.