Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Post-Op Thoughts and Feelings in the Main forums forums; Hey all, I feel so different now. As I write this to you all, I am leaned forward in my ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2012, 03:31 AM

Default Post-Op Thoughts and Feelings

Hey all,

I feel so different now. As I write this to you all, I am leaned forward in my computer chair. And you know what, I feel great! Normally any sort of angle on my back and that nagging pain would be there (we all know what that feels like). I had my L5-S1 surgery at the Bonati Institute in Hudson Florida today and it went great. I was a bit nervous but when I got in they talked me down and explained the procedure. Basically they were going to use a small tube as an incision (half inch long, barely any scar later!) and burrow down using a laser to burn off the excess bone (stenosis) that was pinching my nerves causing pain. I sound like a doctor! They also used conscious anesthesia; it was a weird feeling and I don't really remember much of it, but I apparantly helped them tell if i had any sudden pain so they would know they are near a nerve. That way there wasn't any incidental nerve cutting. You can't tell when they cut a nerve if you are totally knocked out! The surgery was only an hour long and they gave me some light lunch in the recovery room, and I was back home. The whole trip probably took 3 hours! I had a great experience and haven't felt any pain as of tonight. They gave me a prescription for pain meds but I'm not gonna fill it unless I start to feel really bad. They say I may feel some tightness there later, but I am great right now. I am so happy I did this instead of a fusion. I am so proud of myself for going through with it and my husband calls me his little "courageous lady"! I am headed to sleep but feel so great, like I am a spritely young teenager again! Good night everyone, and I would love to hear your thoughts on this thread.