Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Hi everyone,here i am again :) UPDATE 13.02.2013 in the Main forums forums; So,i didnt write here so long time,about a year ago. 28.02.2012 i had selective endoscopic discectomy ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 01:49 PM

Default Hi everyone,here i am again :) UPDATE 13.02.2013

So,i didnt write here so long time,about a year ago.
28.02.2012 i had selective endoscopic discectomy for disgogenic pain l3/l4.
Recovery was not so hard to deal with...day after day was better and i was wallking more and more.
2 month's after surgery i was wallking 8km every day with moderate pain.
In june i start with work and i start to sit too much,and not other movement.
Over the summer i start visiting one osteopath/chiropractic who has help me somehow with my thoracic pain. He say i have some chronic muscle pain around rhomboid muscles. He suggest some medication for muscle relaxation,and that was "sadly" xanax. First i start with low dose 0.5 mg. Day after day i was taking more and more and thoracic pain DISAPPEAR completely. Bad thing is that i get addicted to this crap. I was enjoying my life without thoracic pain daily...but on high doses of 6mg per day. Before 3 weeks i run out of xanax. It was sunday and my lumbal area was killing me. I did take one tramadol ,and have grand mal seizure due a cold turkey xanax. I was in hospital for 3 day's and my brain scans was ok thanfully.
Now i take diazepam 2 time a day,for muscle relaxation,which realy help me with my thoracic pain. Thoracic area is better for around 50%,no more constant deep pain like before just muscle aches. Lumbal area is the same like before,so i must make new MRI and visit my doctor who performed surgery.
Best wishes for all of you.
P.S. Mark how are you?
jsewell as well ....
Old 02-15-2013, 04:53 AM

Hi Newhere It is so good to hear from you. I am glad you had help with your thoracic spine and seem to know what the problem is . Sorry about your experience with the seizures. I too had those in the hospital do to medication. Glad no brain damage, me either, i hope!! Some times i wonder.
so you may have more lumbar problems though.
In August i had lumbar surgery to repair 2 fractures and to fuse L4-5. Well i woke up and was in so much pain. It was terrible . My blood pressure was too low so they would not give me anything for pain. I had to call my surgeon at home and he ordered them to give pain meds to me. Still lots of pain. It ended up that my screws were pulling out and pulled on the sciatic nerve. So i was home in one week and just couldn't even walk. I could just use a walker to get to the bathroom. That was it. "When i went to the doctors my kids pushed me in a wheelchair. For 6 weeks i couldnt walk at all, then more surgery. This time the pain was gone. I could start walking again. That was in September. I still have lumbar pain as well. Now my whole spine is fused , except for the upper ones in my neck and the very last one in my lumbar area. My legs hurt as well as my lower back. I guess this is the way i will remain.
But life is still good , right? I think you are better than last time you wrote and only hope that you improve more and don't stay away so long!!!
Judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot