Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss MRI opinions please in the Main forums forums; Hello everyone, this is my first MRI and dealing with doctors for my pain. Doctor at first visit suspected herniation ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2013, 07:46 PM

Default MRI opinions please

Hello everyone, this is my first MRI and dealing with doctors for my pain. Doctor at first visit suspected herniation and said would probably resolve with time and PT, after MRI said he was usually against surgery but now wants me to have surgery consult with ortho-surgeon. I am trying to become as informed as I can before the appt. and would appreciate any insight, advice opinions understanding the report from your experiences. Symptoms began 3 months ago with right shoulder and arm pain with tingling/numbish index finger, arm feeling like it's falling asleep in certain positions and occasional shock like feeling down the arm. Thanks for any help.

c4-c5 shows normal disc height with mild right paracentral and lateral disc bulging. There is no facet arthropathy, canal stenosis or foraminal stenosis.

c5-c6 shows mild disc space narrowing with mild diffuse disc osteophyte complex formation although no facet arthopathy, canal stenosis or foraminal stenosis.

c6-c7 shows normal disc height with large right lateral disc herniation measuring 10mm craniocaudal, 12mm transverse and 8mm anterior-posterior. There is moderate compression of the right anterolateral cord. No facet arthopathy or foraminal stenosis is shown.