Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss misdiagnosis in the Main forums forums; Hi guys hope you can help. To make this story short my gb order an MRI of my upper neck ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 11:58 PM

Unhappy misdiagnosis

Hi guys hope you can help. To make this story short my gb order an MRI of my upper neck area and concluded from the results I need it steroid shots for two bulging disk. I got the shots and not even 24hrs after shots got really bad headaches and really bad muscle pain from my left shoulder area to my neck. Called back to discuss with Gb and was told he was no longer with clinic and was starting his own practice. I saw another doc who told me I never needed those shots and that I didn't have bulging disk. Looked for 2nd opinion and was told the same by different doctor. Bought this up to clinic and they ended up taking care of all my charges after they had doctors review this. The pain has not stopped since Jan 07 and I'm really scare as the clinic told me to contact the Doc attorney and asked for help with my future treatments as one doc said I need it physical therapy for my muscles as they were aggravated because I didn't need this shots. Other docs wanted to do some other shots on my muscles to help ease the pain and physical therapy as well. I'm really scare as then pain still there and don't know when it will go away.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:25 PM

Default re misdiagnosis

It sounds like you need to see someone that can accurately diagnose you and give a treatment plan to start out with to see how you progress. If you don't have permenant damage caused by the injections I'm not sure how much good it will do you to hire an attorney and it may create difficulty with your finding a new treating physician as the potential new doctor may want to steer clear of any pending litagation because you're going after a doctor not a corporation or a business or a motor vehicle (driver) etc. That is at least if you are in the USA and contemplating a lawsuit.

I could be wrong but that's just my 2 cents. I'd try to get seen, diagnosed properly and adequately/properly treated before dealing with litagation unless you have some permanent damage that can proven to be caused by the other doctor's treatment.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:33 PM

Default Thanks

I just don't know as I'm just fallowing the clinics directions. What's weird is the clinic took care of all my treatment well worth over 10 thousand dollars and is now refusing to release their doctors findings after first telling me they would. Come to find out the doctor was fire and he didn't leave by him self like they first said. I'm just too scare and want to be back the way I was. I'm just in too much pain and would like to have an idea of when this shots will wear off.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:45 PM

Unhappy re the shots

Can you give a bit more detail about the shots? I don't know if you're talking about an epidural steroid injection type of thing for your cervical spine or ?

These types of injection if they work usually create a bit more pain for the few days to a week if it's your very first injection. If it is your 2nd or 3rd injection (can be a series of 3 over a period of time with at least 2 weeks in between) the relief may be rather immediate and last for up to about 3 to 4 weeks and sometimes longer.

But I am not sure if that is what you're talking about.

Steroid injections are not a cure but rather just a type of medication that is a super anti inflammatory drug that bathes the spinal nerves and calms the irritation of perhaps a disk leaking material out on a spinal nerve.

That being said sometimes the treatment used isn't either the treatment needed, may not have been aimed at the correct level or offending disc, or just may not work for some. And some people may not tolerate steroid material very well. Some people just don't get relief with steroid injection treatment or have an aggravation of problem.

Was this procedure done with fluoroscopy?

Last edited by Maria; 02-28-2013 at 06:47 PM.