Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss ADR 9 months Post Op Update in the Main forums forums; Hi Guys, Its been a few weeks since I stopped by to see how everyone is doing and wanted to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 07:32 AM

Default ADR 9 months Post Op Update

Hi Guys,
Its been a few weeks since I stopped by to see how everyone is doing and wanted to provide a quick update. I have a New Pain Management Dr and my first appointment is Monday. I am scared and happy at the same time. I want and need a Dr that wants to help me and not look at me like I am a junky every time I walk through the door and need my meds refilled.
The VA has also given permission for this Dr to fill all meds related to my neck, the VA docs can keep their nose out of it. I am done dealing with them. I will check back in on Monday. I hope you all have a great weekend!

AJ
???? Total Shoulder replacement
Old 05-30-2014, 03:57 PM

Default congrats!

Seems like that took a long time though I'm very glad to read that you're finally able to see someone outside the VA to take care of your PM needs. I too hope this provider will serve you well in the area of PM and meet your pain management needs. Wishing you the best!
Old 06-04-2014, 03:33 PM

Thanks Maria! She was wonderful and I posted about her in my other post, whoops. Going through titration right now and feeling a bit off, but I WILL give this med a good solid chance to work for me. We are giving it one month at IR and if that works will move to the ER. I am also awaiting approval for injections in my neck. Hoping that these will help me on my road to recovery. Besides the ADR, I have 2 other herniated discs, one of which is also compressing my spinal cord now. She is also testing for Lupus and RA. Thank you for always responding and supporting me Maria, it means so much!
AJ
Old 06-05-2014, 12:43 AM

Default re PM

Great to read you like this PM AJ. Hope this works out for you and you get the relief you should. Keep us posted if you have time.

About time to see the VA medical system (hospitals) being investigated re appointment system for Veterans. There's no reason for what we're hearing has been going on (at least not IMHO). I really felt bad for my Dad when he was in his late 80's and had trouble getting some appointments at the VA office closest to him and they wanted him to go to St. Petersburg to be seen (he could no longer drive and didn't have someone to take him). The VA appointment center was like "oh well. too bad."

Better believe I took that stuff up the chain of command and made sure my WWII Marine Veteran Dad got seen in an office in Palm Harbor Fl (10 mins away from where he was living).

It wasn't that he couldn't be accommodated.. just the system didn't want to let him be. I couldn't believe that.. but after that I could definitely believe anything I hear about the appointment system as I know what it was like for him with anything other than the every 6 month visit.

I do have say they were good about scripts (regular ones), hearing aids (digital) and a number of other things..

I really liked the VA system when I worked for it but that was back in the 80's. Anyway sorry for the rant here and hope the system gets torn a new rear orifice
Old 06-06-2014, 07:40 AM

LOLOL, re: Rear Orifice. Very funny. I am so glad you were able to push and get your Father the care he deserved. It is sad that getting the care we need and deserve through the VA must be "Pushed" for, it should be automatic. In regards to the appointment waiting lists, some of the appointment times can be ridiculous. The VA needs a complete overhaul IMO, and maybe someday it will get one.
On Rxs, I was pleasantly surprised that my local Out Patient Clinic will let me bring my hardcopy Rx's from my new PM Dr. and they will fill them for me. Maria, This was a life saver because right after my PM appointment she wrote a Rx for a 10 day supply and then the 30 day supply, we thought I would have to mail these in to the VA and wait for them to come through the mail(thank goodness I do not have to do this). The office recommended that I go to the Target right down the street to get the 10 day supply filled. As I was filling out the paperwork, one nice Pharmacist thought they had the meds I needed but then noticed it was a script for Immediate Release and not Extended release, to which he nicely said, "I am sorry but we do not have these in stock, let me ask if we have them or if we can get them for you." He turned around to another female pharmacists and asked her about the meds I needed. She looked right at me and with a look of disgust said,"We don't have those, we sent them back as they are not needed." She was terribly rude and the other Pharmacist apologized again and suggested that I go to another Pharmacy.
This was an awful experience and I call my PM's office and they said I would have to call around until I found a Pharmacy that would fill it. I called the VA first and they had what I needed and filled it with no problems. I wanted to keep all my meds with them anyway(free for me) so this was perfect.

Take Care,
AJ