Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss New and in need of advice in the Main forums forums; Hello to all my fellow spine warriors! The last few days I have found this site and have been reading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2015, 01:35 AM

Default New and in need of advice

Hello to all my fellow spine warriors!

The last few days I have found this site and have been reading your stories. I have related with many and wish you all the best.

Here is my story and the things I need your assistance on.

At the age of 24 I injured my back and was in extreme pain. My MRI results were either a torn disc or DDD. At the time my Dr. told me I was too young to undergo a fusion as I would be back ever 7-8 years to do another level. His advice was to go out and live life as best I could. When I couldn't take the pain anymore we could do surgery. Well here I am 15 years later and I am considering the surgery option.

Recently my back pain started turning into more of a burning sensation. Occasionally the pain goes into my hips and leg but most days it is just a constant dull ache in my lower back. I went to my primary physician and he took an X-ray. Basically he said my disc at L5-S1 was gone and I was near bone on bone. I contacted my old WC Dr and have an appointment on Monday after not seeing him in 14 years.

Other than my constant back pain that I drag around with me like an anchor, I am very healthy. Up until a week ago I worked out 4-5 times a week and am in the best shape of my life. Sometimes I think to myself how long have I been blocking out the pain. Like many others the pain stops me from living life to the fullest and I have had my share of helpless moments and bouts of depression.

My question for all my spine warriors is what tests should I ask for my Dr. to run?

I highly doubt my WC will authorize a disc replacement and I am very seriously considering going to Germany for what I may need.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. I wish you all a pain free day.

Tom

Last edited by TB33; 07-19-2015 at 01:45 AM.