Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss ups and downs of symptoms/pain in the Main forums forums; Is it normal to have quite big swings in symptoms over a few week period? Two weeks ago I felt ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2007, 10:32 AM

Default ups and downs of symptoms/pain

Is it normal to have quite big swings in symptoms over a few week period? Two weeks ago I felt terrible with all sorts of stuff going on. Now for the past few days I've felt almost normal for the first time in months.

Is this typical?

Also I read something the other day about annular tearing in discs and chemicals getting released from the healing/inflammation process that can then irritate nerves etc. Then when the tears heal, the inflammation stops and the nerve symptoms settle down - could this possibly explain ups and downs in symptoms?

surfing injury 2004 - transient paralysis from neck down for 15 seconds, resolved fully - herniated c5/c6 disc plus some bulging at c3/4/5. Initially had dermatome pain after injury which resolved - general parasthesia in arms/legs was fairly mild after injury but has been worsening.