Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Newbie:19 yr post op in the Main forums forums; Hi, My name is John and my case is quite old. I was in a car accident when I was ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2007, 05:47 PM

Unhappy Newbie:19 yr post op

Hi,
My name is John and my case is quite old. I was in a car accident when I was 18 (I am now 37) and had multiple fractures including 7 skull fractures and a compound fracture of left leg my left hip was also fractured of which all include some sort of permanent titanium pin and rods, lastly four of my lower vertebrae were crushed and I had at the time a newer surgery done where the vertebrae were fused with plates and pins . I have enjoyed practically full mobility over the years until now.
I am having sharp pains in my lower back and a grinding sensation when I bend or twist even a little but no lose of sensation in my legs. My Ortho here has advised that I receive a Myelogram CT scan in the morning to find the cause of the problem.
I am more than a little concerned after reading some of the post here, I guess I am nervous about what this can lead to.
Bottom line is I have a very real fear of becomming paralyzed and not being able to provide for my family.Thanks