Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss What Was That? in the Main forums forums; SO!! Today I went to a Pain Psychologist. She was a Resident, and she was FANTASTIC!!! She did her exam, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2007, 02:55 AM

Default What Was That?

SO!!

Today I went to a Pain Psychologist. She was a Resident, and she was FANTASTIC!!!

She did her exam, talked to me, went over my meds, then stabbed me with a needle.

Her exam was very good. She was gentle and didn't push it. She was easy to talk and VENT to. Went over all the meds I take..THANK GOD she told me to start weaning off the Neurontin < HATED IT!!!! Put me on Baclofen for the muscle spasms in my low back and right leg, not to take Flexeril-she doesn't like it. Told me she is going to tell my doctor to increase my Oxy to a 3 x a day dose, to help with the "breakthrough pain".

Then she left and talked to the Dr she is working for, he came in and told me that he was going to give me a shot. So he pressed on different spots of my low back and when he found the one that really hurt he was going to inject me with a needle. He said it was like when the dentist freezes your mouth, the same sort of medication he was going to inject into where it hurt to press on, he told me he was shooting it at the L5 level, and that it will helpt with my pain down my right leg. He said that it could last from 4 hours to 2 weeks, and he told me that if i am happy with the results i can come and get more.

SO!! When I am in there listening to EVERYTHING the jam into your head, I get out of there, and now I am sitting on the couch trying to figure out- what it was he gave me, how it actually works, is it like the ESI's where you can only get a round of 3. Or is it something you can continue to use frequently?

Was hoping that someone could fill in the blanks for me. THANKS!!!

JaNeNe