Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Anyone familiar with mold born illnesses? in the Main forums forums; Hey everyone, Back in November I had a leak in my air conditioner which flooded several rooms. Since then My ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Anyone familiar with mold born illnesses?

Hey everyone,
Back in November I had a leak in my air conditioner which flooded several rooms. Since then My daughter, granddaughter, and I have been continually sick with cold like symtoms. In addition I had a constant burning sensation in my mouth, throat, and stomach. It got so bad that I had to move out of my house back in February. I had a mold remediator come out to (supposedly) fix the problem by taking out numerous walls, hepa vaccing and wiping down the whole house...To make a long story short, I still can not live there because everytime I go in to feed the fish and pick up the mail, all of the symtoms come back. It almost seems worse than before the remediation was done. I just had to pay to have a mold inspection done and I am waiting on the cultures to be completed, which takes about five days, then I will get the full report , including what type of mold it is. I'm really worried about the ongoing illnesses. Is anyone familiar with mold situations? Please advise if so.
Just one more thing to deal with while waiting on my ADR surgery!
Thanks,
Cathy
Old 04-10-2007, 02:41 AM

Default re mold

Cathy,
So sorry to hear you're still unable to return to your home and that the mold situation is that intolerable. I don't know anything about this other than I thought about having a mold inspection before buying my home in Florida but didn't go thru w/it...

Are you able to get any answers from local groups there re the mold sitch or hook up with others that have been as drastically affected as you? Seems like it would be really prevalent there considering the humidity/weather there~

Good luck and I hope you get some answers soon~ Maria
Old 04-10-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Hey There

Hi Maria,
How are you. I have read some of your posts whenever I get the chance to get on the computer. It sounds like you are doing well (with the meds helping). Are you going to proceed with surgery? Please remember that the meds only mask the problem. Have you discussed with your doctor whether all of the activities and movements involved that you are able to do while taking the medication is furthering your underlying healthj issues? I am so glad to hear that you are having so much relief, I would just hate for you to actually be injuring yourself more. I have a new cell number. I'll PM it to you.
Take care,
Cathy
Old 04-11-2007, 12:08 AM

Cathy,

Just add another calamity to your list. I've heard that houses need to be torn down because of mold. However, my cousin, who is allergic to everything and must live in a 'clean' environment has told me that mold cannot live in light (as evidenced by mold not growing on the sunny side of the tree). He has purchased several very bright lights and whenever an unfortunate leak occurs and walls need to be opened, he shines the light inside for several days... end of mold.

Good luck in your newest battle.

Dale
Old 04-19-2007, 12:38 PM

Thanks. Putting light on the situation is a great idea. I'll add that to the list of everything that has to be done. For instance: taking down walls, putting everything in the house in storage, ripping up all of the carpet, replacing the AC system along with the duct work, treating the entire house with a microbiobic (sp) agent...This has turned into a monster. Hopefully, it won't take too long to complete (once I figure out how to get it done financially), because I think I may get my appt. with Dr. Garcia soon. Well let's just saying that my fingers are crossed, along with a bunch of praying that surgery comes soon. Have a great weekend!
Cathy
Old 04-20-2007, 04:37 AM

Hummm,

Like Maria, I am not well acquainted with the mold born illnesses. However, my brother is allergic to mold and when he was living with me in an apartment at one time we had some mold growth in our apartment. I remember spraying a mixture of bleach water on the mold areas, scrubbing it clean and buying a dehumidifier to help with the moisture in the apartment because mold really likes moisture. Hope you find something that works out for you.

TTYL,
Poncho