Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss CT Results in the Main forums forums; Today I received a personnel phone call from Dr Delamarter. He shared with me the results of my CT Scan ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2007, 03:52 AM

Default CT Results

Today I received a personnel phone call from Dr Delamarter. He shared with me the results of my CT Scan last week of my Lumbar and my Pelvis. I have pain in my right SI joint, same pain from before the ADR surgery. All looks great. My ProDisc is doing fine, facets look VERY GOOD and my right SI does have some degeneration but he feels that due to my active lifestyle and is to be expected. He does not see a need at this time to do any injections or aggressive therapy but wants me to continue on ant inflammatory. This does not surprise me in my opinion, Dr D is a bit conservative when it comes to post-op therapy.

He asked me how I was doing? For about 3 weeks after my 18 month post-op appointment I did nothing and the pain was a bit less but still there but I felt week and lethargic. So in my opinion that was not the right way to go, so for the past 2 weeks I have been back on my mountain bike and hitting the trails. Last weekend we road for 2 hours 11 miles and about 1,000 vertical feet and you can bet I was stiff and sore but not to any extreme level that would cause me to not want to ride again in a couple of days. Dr D feels I need to find the right balance of activity for my body. He does not feel I should stop what I am doing and encourages me to continue. We will talk more at my 2-year post op appointment in Aug. Can you belive it has almost been 2 years.
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
Powered by ProDisc
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 06-07-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Great news!

Hey Paulette,
I have wondered about SI joint probs w/ADR as I wonder about this occuring w/fusion at this level since I've had some probs with this in the past but not since about 2002. Almost every PT that worked w/me said I had a prob with my SI joints and in 2001 I had a really GREAT PT that worked w/me for a year on this and the results were excellent. It was either that or just "time".

In your case ~ WOW!!!! Are you ever physically active!!!!!!! Guess finding a happy medium is what may work to help alleviate your pain?

Does it seem like 2 years since you've had your surgery? No! How time flies... and I still haven't done anything! Oh well.. eventually~

Wishing you well and hope to see you in August when you're back in SoCal! Party time!!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:57 PM

Paulette,

Great news! No, I can't believe it's been almost 2 years... for both of us. Though I'm not doing as great as I would have liked, I'm better off than I was which unto itself is also great.

Hope you continue on this path. Let me know when you come back. Did I hear someone mention party time?

Take care, Dale
Old 06-14-2007, 12:08 AM

I can't believe it's been that long...and I still haven't had surgery! You are doing great if you can handle that bike. I know you are always active...but have you done all the core stability work? I'm just trying to give you some hope that the discomfort you are feeling is temporary - I had terrible L/S problems almost 20 years ago, got myself almost back to normal with a core program and aquacize.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Paulette... it's great that you are back on your bike... sorry about your ongoing pain. Let's talk soon.... maybe we can have a get-together when you come down in August... date?
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org