Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss What doc makes the best diagnostician??? in the Main forums forums; Paindoc made an interesting comment on Mark's thread about Diane: "...surgeons keep me in business because of their ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2007, 02:30 AM

Default What doc makes the best diagnostician???

Paindoc made an interesting comment on Mark's thread about Diane: "...surgeons keep me in business because of their carelessness or lack of knowledge beyond performing the actual procedure itself."

This is one of the reasons I got on the internet after I saw my NS. He could offer nothing other than fusion. My GP is wonderful but I don't think she knows enough about alternative treatments.

As it happens, my previously pain-free neck which has cord compression at c3/4/5 is now giving me grief. I'm getting a new MRI next week.

If it doesn't show dramatic change from the previous ones, I can probably technically continue with "watchful waiting" as suggested by Dr. Fenk-Mayer. In that case - what do I do? Do I ask my GP for a referral to a pain management doc? Or do I just get it over with and go get the surgery?